Just cuz...

This is a discussion on Just cuz... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just wanted to say hi to everyone and say I am really grateful for this forum. 99% of the time I kind of take ...

Thread: Just cuz...

Just cuz...

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and say I am really grateful for this forum. 99% of the time I kind of take the fact that I can communicate with people I have never met and learn from their knowledge, experience etc and sometimes get a look at the other side of an issue.
    Also this thing called the internet that allows me to be able to do this.

I know, I am weird, but when you really stop and think about it, especially in contrast to just twenty years ago, it is pretty amazing.

So thanks to Bumper for creating this for us and thanks everyone else for being here and letting me learn from you!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    +1!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

I'll second that...

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Absolutely. It's good to pause and take a moment to appreciate Bumper, the moderators and all the members who contribute their time, experiences, questions, opinions, money, and reprimands. It's all good (well - most of it ;-).

Thank you all.

I also appreciate this forum and the others I frequent. It gives me an opportunity to engage in conversations with others of like minds. I have an opportunity to present my views and my experiences so that others can learn from what I know.

That said, I think the forum has been degrading lately. There have been some instances where the powers-that-be have gone, or threatened to go, over the line (IMO).

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Me too...thanks.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

+5000 Thank you Bumper and admins for making this one of the best sources of collected knowledge on the Internet.

I agree 100% with the above posters with the exception of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    That said, I think the forum has been degrading lately. There have been some instances where the powers-that-be have gone, or threatened to go, over the line (IMO).
    I'm not sure where you get this. I'm not saying you don't have a reason to think this, but I sure as heck haven't seen anything over the line.

The internet has created a lot of amazing things, some good (like DC), some bad..........Sure glad Al Gore invented it <gag>

Many thanks to Bumper and all of the Mods.

Mic
    you just witnessed an on-line group hug
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The internet has created a lot of amazing things, some good (like DC), some bad..........Sure glad Al Gore invented it <gag>

Many thanks to Bumper and all of the Mods.

I agree with the OP also, DC is a great community. It amazes me sometimes the variety of topics that come up but someone always has a credible answer for.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I actually have a rant on this since I am usually outspoken anyway!

I find myself taking WAY TOO MUCH TIME on this forum!

My wife gets SOOOO mad at me when I am at HOME checking "The Forum" as it has become to be called in my house. Its bad enough I have to sit at the range (when its slow) and talk you all on this thing, then I go home and do it there!!

So heres to you all for taking up too much of my time!
    Not like I want to spend it with my wife nagging at me anyway!

NA!! Just kidding! I do spend alot of time on here only because its fun to share and talk with like minded people. Getting into arguments with people other than my wife keeps me sharp. She really dont mind that I spend alot of time on here, so long as I stay out of her hair and let her play her "farmville" or whatever! Thank you guys for being friends and letting me speak my mind.

Distinguished Member
    I have learned so much here, thank you.

what she says...
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

My sentiment exactly.

The forum is kind of addictive, keeps me away from stuff like, work, practicing my drums and now bass guitar and then hitting the range with the wife, weather permitting. I need to work on that, huh?

No really, it's a great place, the moderators do a fine job keeping us all in line and making the place "user friendly".

I mirror many of the other comments, glad that I found this place, and hope it continues for a long time to come.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links