Recent Earthquake Storms at Yellowstone

This is a discussion on Recent Earthquake Storms at Yellowstone within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For you survivalists on the forum... Yellowstone is acting up with earthquake storms again: Yellowstone Earthquake Swarm Summary as of 1 February 2010 In 1980, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For you survivalists on the forum...

Yellowstone is acting up with earthquake storms again:
    Yellowstone Earthquake Swarm Summary as of 1 February 2010

In 1980, Mt. St. Helens also had earthquake storms prior to erupting:
    CVO Website - "MSH This Week" - Mount St. Helens Precursory Activity, March 15-21, 1980

If Yellowstone blows its lid, put your head between your knees and kiss your butt goodbye (possibly).
    The volcano may end up being 1,000 times larger than St. Helens.
    YELLOWSTONE SUPERVOLCANO GETTING READY TO BLOW ITS CORK

Sure would screw up my retirement.
    One thing about it though.
    We wouldn't have to worry about the government taking our firearms. Wouldn't be much government left...

Dan
    Last edited by rstickle; February 3rd, 2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Language work around

Interesting there on one of the references, talking about 'lightbeings' giving info to a psychic. 2 Corinthians, Chapter 11 in the BIBLE speaks about ones disguised as angels of light! Jus' sayin'.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

At lease in FL we'll be far enough away that I will only have to worry about shoveling lots of snow...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    The real danger lies in the fact that an large underground volcanic explosion of the magnitude that they are predicting could put enough ash in the air to seriously hamper the next growing season, causing a massive food shortage.

I know a few people that make yearly trips up there to do studies and they have been concerned for quite some time. With the activity that it has been showing lately, and with infrared satellite pictures showing increased magma movement all of a sudden its sort of freaking them out.

No one knows when it'll happen but most will concede that its just a matter of time. If we are here when it blows everyone in the world will know about it in short time.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

OMG... .. Don't give Al Gore any more ideas.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    2012 Mayan revenge...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    Interesting there on one of the references, talking about 'lightbeings' giving info to a psychic. 2 Corinthians, Chapter 11 in the BIBLE speaks about ones disguised as angels of light! Jus' sayin'.
    2 Corinthians 11 NLT

12But I will continue doing what I have always done. This will undercut those who are looking for an opportunity to boast that their work is just like ours. 13These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. 14But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Related topic.....

Something to be aware of in planning for SHTF, is this............

NEW MADRID FAULT BEWARE
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Global Cooling.

Hard to tell if it's out of character. Seems to be within the recent norm, for the area.

Swarms are common at Yellowstone

The current number of daily earthquakes is well above typical daily earthquake activity at Yellowstone. Nevertheless swarms are common at Yellowstone, with magnitudes occasionally above 4.0. There were about 900 earthquakes during the December 2008 - January 2009 Yellowstone Lake swarm. The 1985 swarm, also on the northwest rim of the caldera but several miles from the current swarm, lasted for three months. During the 1985 swarm there were over 3000 total events recorded, with magnitudes ranging up to M4.9.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Moderator
    Hard to tell if it's out of character. Seems to be within the recent norm, for the area.
    Lets hope that's all it is. Just another ho hum swarm.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

ntg
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Don't give Al Gore any more ideas.
    ...now that's funny.

I'm a lot closer than any of you, I'm betting...if you read/research more you find this is fairly "normal" for Yellowstone...the experts are not very worried about the current rash of rumblings.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Yeah I remember the last big swarm about a year ago. I know that there was a VERY long thread on a conspiracy type forum. It was something like 100 pages long and it turned out to be much to do about nothing.
    Do I think something will happen? Who knows. The theories range from nothing to a big huge eruption in 2012 when Planet X or Nibiru comes into our solar system and exerts so much gravitational pull that it blows catastrophically.

The thing about life is it is a sexually transmitted disease that is always fatal!

And, quite frankly, if it blows, the majority of the US will be under so much ash that we're all screwed and the global nuclear type winter will last close to a decade, so, uh, move to an island in the middle of the Pacific and live on seaweed, if it grows and eat fish, if they live and also hope the tides don't rise too much...
    Last edited by UnklFungus; February 2nd, 2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: poor grammar
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

ntg
    I choose to live life, not spend it worring about something I can do nothing about. I can't stop it if it really is going to happen. I do have a healthy supply of food provisions and all for this or any other unpleasant scenario. My 2 cents.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Quote Originally Posted by ntg View Post
    I choose to live life, not spend it worring about something I can do nothing about. I can't stop it if it really is going to happen. I do have a healthy supply of food provisions and all for this or any other unpleasant scenario. My 2 cents.
    Agreed, hence the dripping sarcasm of my post!!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Administrator
    It could go anytime AKA tomorrow, next year, or a thousand years from now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links