Meet 'Giant George' the 7ft-long blue great dane who could be the world's tallest dog

This is a discussion on Meet 'Giant George' the 7ft-long blue great dane who could be the world's tallest dog within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; wow Is 'Giant George' the world's tallest dog? The 7ft-long blue great dane could claim title | Mail Online Standing at nearly 43 inches tall ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet 'Giant George' the 7ft-long blue great dane who could be the world's tallest dog

Meet 'Giant George' the 7ft-long blue great dane who could be the world's tallest dog

wow

Is 'Giant George' the world's tallest dog? The 7ft-long blue great dane could claim title | Mail Online

Standing at nearly 43 inches tall from paw to shoulder and weighing a staggering 245lbs could this be the world's new tallest dog?

Pictured here in the parks of Tuscon, Arizona, George, a four-year-old blue great dane, looks more like a miniature horse than a dog.

'Giant George' and owner Dave Nasser share a couch together: The four-year-old blue great dane, weighs a staggering 245lbs and measures almost 43ins at the shoulder

The gentle giant, who measures 7ft 3ins from nose to tail, could be a prime contender to take the title from the former record holder, Gibson, a harlequin Great Dane who passed away from cancer last August.

Now George's owners, David and Christine Nasser, are awaiting confirmation from Guinness World Records to see if he has achieved the lofty heights.

'He's 42.625 inches at the shoulder,' said David. 'He's very very unique.'

According to David, George consumes 110lbs of food every month, and sleeps alone in his own Queen Size Bed.

David and Christine raised George from when he was 7 weeks old, but never expected him to grow so big.

Magnificent: George measures more than 7ft from nose to tail and tucks away 110lbs of food every month

With size comes problems: The giant great dane barely fits in the back of his owner's SUV

The couple eventually had to move their aptly named dog out of their king sized bed, when he grew too large for the three of them to share the same sheets.

Dr. William Wallace of the Buena Pet Clinic in Tucson, who witnessed the documentation necessary for the Guinness record, said: 'In my 45 years of experience working with giant breed dogs, without question, George is the tallest dog I have ever seen.'

David is currently rushing to get that necessary documentation into Guinness as other dog owners are coming forth claiming the record.

As they wait for the results to come through, George is busy occupying himself with his new found stardom and even has a Facebook fan page and Twitter accounts for his adorning fans.

It appears as though the sky's the limit for this mammoth hound.

Paws for thought: George's giant feet dwarf his owner Dave Nassar's hand. Last August the worldís tallest dog, Gibson, a harlequin Great Dane, passed away from cancer

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Damn!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Holy mackeral. That is a big dog!

The pics look phoney somehow.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    The pics look phoney somehow.
    Yep. Can't put my fingers on it, but they do look 'chopped. Compare the size of the paw on the rug in pic one, versus the last pic, and use the rug design/pattern as a scale.

And I thought I had a big dog, yikes...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

there is no way I could pay to feed that.
    and I thought a teen boy was expensive....
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Never mind a shovel for a Pooper Scooper for this guy you need to carry around a backhoe, to pick up his load of Doggie Doo HA HA HA

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    That's a big boy, more to love
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

You know Fido is big when his sleeping mat is a king size bed, Texas long.

Imagine having to take out two rows of seats in the 9-passenger van, just to transport him.

Imagine coming up to the house, only to see this 7ft behemoth peeking over the fence at you while you walk up to the front door.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Fake pics. Definately Photoshopped.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I'm also calling photoshop. Daily Mail isn't exactly a reliable news source. They run a lot of tabloid type stuff.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I decided to check snopes on this

snopes.com: Giant George

TRUE
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

I don't know, remember the photography classes in the USN, on second look, a lot of this has to do with the perspective of the photograph.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

VIP Member
    Now THAT would be a scary sight for a BG in the middle of the night!

I was just thinking about mojust's post: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...chihuahua.html

Sorry mojust, yours maybe ferocious, but this guy could hurt you just playing around!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links