Gun store tonight: all I can say is wow...

Gun store tonight: all I can say is wow...

This is a discussion on Gun store tonight: all I can say is wow... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I was at my local gun store tonight buying 1000rds of .22lr and I overheard something I never thought I'd hear. An african american ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs down Gun store tonight: all I can say is wow...

So I was at my local gun store tonight buying 1000rds of .22lr and I overheard something I never thought I'd hear. An african american fellow, the gold teeth, pants around his knees type, is looking at a new AR. He decides he liked it and said he'd take it. The guy behind the counter hands him the background check paper work and I kid you not, these are the thug's EXACT words "Is there any way I can just throw you some extra and we can skip this?" Dealer says "no, its federal law, is there a reason you don't want to?" "Yeah man, I'm a criminal, I aint fillin this sh** out." Dealer: "you need to leave now"
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

WOW.
    Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended

He sounds like he was an 'honest' criminal.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

scary thing is he'll probably just go get one at the next gun show.... this is the reason I carry a gun, however I dont want to come up against a thug with an AR carrying my 9mm
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Distinguished Member
    OK, I'm chambering my little LCP RIGHT NOW.

BATF?

Seems too obvious. A criminal would already know this, right?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    BATF?

idk, but he drove away in an '80s cutlass that was lifted on those giant like 24" spinning rims. if he was ATF, he was very convincing
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    BATF?

Hmmm...that's a thought. Do you think they really test out FFL's and shops that way? Seems logical...no? Not sure they would send the stereotypical thug in for that though.

Glad they asked him to leave. Gold teeth and the sagging pants walk into the gun store I'm in...I might not stick around long enough to hear him ask that.

Or maybe he was just an "honest criminal".

one or two of them in there on a busy night isnt unusual, but they're normally down on the highpoint side of the counter
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

He'll return after hours and help himself.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfunk View Post
    scary thing is he'll probably just go get one at the next gun show....
    cheap shot...........It is RARE to see an AR at a gun show that is NOT being sold by a dealer who would do the same thing the gun shop dealer did....If they are a dealer EVEN AT A GUN SHOW they have to do the paperwork & background check.

You need to do a search on 'gun show loophole' before coming out with stuff like that!

The one thing the gun store owner should have done is CALL THE POLICE on this clown!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I'm going to bet on setup.

Why front yourself when it's well known method to just send your GF in to buy what you want an hour later as with a laundry list...Strawman style.

Regardless good on the store person for ending the sale.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    cheap shot...........It is RARE to see an AR at a gun show that is NOT being sold by a dealer who would do the same thing the gun shop dealer did....If they are a dealer EVEN AT A GUN SHOW they have to do the paperwork & background check.

You need to do a search on 'gun show loophole' before coming out with stuff like that!

The one thing the gun store owner should have done is CALL THE POLICE on this clown!
    I've bought and sold many guns at gun shows. I know the dealers have to do the paperwork...

atleast here in Columbus, its not uncommon for "his type" to be in great numbers at the shows. no doubt if he was willing to pay OVER sticker price for an AR that he could find a private seller that would gladly take the extra $$. I wouldnt sell to anyone like that at a show, but I'm sure there are just as many others that would
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

well, at least he was honest.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    He sounds like he was an 'honest' criminal.
    ^^C"MON ret^^^ all criminals^^are^^Honest^^aren't^^they??^^

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    Hmmm...that's a thought. Do you think they really test out FFL's and shops that way? Seems logical...no? Not sure they would send the stereotypical thug in for that though.

Glad they asked him to leave. Gold teeth and the sagging pants walk into the gun store I'm in...I might not stick around long enough to hear him ask that.

Or maybe he was just an "honest criminal".
    They did this with liquor stores selling to minors, and female cops dressing up like hookers right??

Is a gambling problem still a problem if you always win?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links