Let's have some fun! Forum faux pas...bring em on...

This is a discussion on Let's have some fun! Forum faux pas...bring em on... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Alright, we deal with a lot of serious issues on these forums (some more than others) and I thought it would be fun to list ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's have some fun! Forum faux pas...bring em on...

Let's have some fun! Forum faux pas...bring em on...

Alright, we deal with a lot of serious issues on these forums (some more than others) and I thought it would be fun to list some "don't do's" here on the forum. Sadly we see some of them daily on here, but bring it on...I'll kick things off-

" sow the other day i seen a guy walk down the other side of the rode and he looked realy scarry so i puled my desert eagle with killer wrote on the side and shooted a warning shot in the air as i went so he new i was serius and dangerus. "

Maybe list the faux pas you see and then try you hand at it...ie- bad grammer, unrealistic carry gun, rediculous to write "killer" on the side, oh and did I mention grammar.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

2. Remove Ads

I voted for Barack Obama....
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

It's easy to look down on those who use poor grammar, but some folks just can't help it -- I try to look at what a person is trying to present rather than dismissing them immediately. And as a teacher, I can say that texting is ruining our children's grammar! Kids use "lol" and "omg" in reports, etc nowadays. Yeesh.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach and Holly View Post
    It's easy to look down on those who use poor grammar, but some folks just can't help it -- I try to look at what a person is trying to present rather than dismissing them immediately. And as a teacher, I can say that texting is ruining our children's grammar! Kids use "lol" and "omg" in reports, etc nowadays. Yeesh.
    srsly?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAz View Post
    srsly?
    LMAO.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by nosights View Post
    ...Maybe list the faux pas you see and then try you hand at it...ie- bad grammer, unrealistic carry gun, rediculous to write "killer" on the side, oh and did I mention grammar.
    Maybe list the faux pas you see and then try your hand at it...ie- bad grammar, unrealistic carry gun, ridiculous to write "killer" on the side, oh and did I mention grammar.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach and Holly View Post
    You too?!?! I had a kid writing in leet!! On a test!!!! I almost blew a gasket!! I stopped class for a second and informed them that anything turned in that writen in pink or some other crazy colour and in text speak would be an automatic 0.

Sorry, back to the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Datsun40146 View Post
    I voted for Barack Obama....
    WINNER! It doesn't get worse than that, we can close this one!
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    Maybe list the faux pas you see and then try your hand at it...ie- bad grammar, unrealistic carry gun, ridiculous to write "killer" on the side, oh and did I mention grammar.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I'm far from a master of the English language, and dyslexic, so I don't make personal judgments against anyone for their typing and usage. However, if a post is difficult to read, I may also be prone to skipping it.

I use a couple basic tools to help me post. I use a built in spell check in my browser and if need be I will also draft in my email client or word processor. Catching the spelling usually also helps with the grammar.

As for the usage of your/you're, they're/their, etc.. I guess we'd need to ask the teachers how to coach that!

And yes, text speak in "real life" drives me insane.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I dont mind if people mispell words (I am the WORST at spelling) and I can overlook gramar mistaks. The one thing that will stop me from reading a post, however, is when its 30 lines long, no paragraph breaks, and reads like one huge sentence. Take a breath, put in a period, and start a new paragraph for crying out loud
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Common people, no more faux pas?

How about-

So what is the best gun ever made?
    I carry, .32 because I don't want to kill anybody.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nosights View Post
    Common people, no more faux pas?

How about-

So what is the best gun ever made?
    I carry, .32 because I don't want to kill anybody.
    faux pas?

Common = Come on?

"Don't Tread on Me"

VIP Member
    I don't know if you would "technically" call it a faux pas, but here's one of my peeves.

So should I carry chambered or not?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I don't know if you would "technically" call it a faux pas, but here's one of my peeves.

So should I carry chambered or not?
    Gotsta love that 'un.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links