I almost didn't look at this video

This is a discussion on I almost didn't look at this video within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm glad I did though. I've always been interested in animal behavior and their level of intelligence. They are pretty darned sharp, especially when it ...

Thread: I almost didn't look at this video

VIP Member

I almost didn't look at this video

I'm glad I did though.

I've always been interested in animal behavior and their level of intelligence. They are pretty darned sharp, especially when it comes to food.

Two and a half minute video about a technique that a group of dolphins use together to capture food. Pretty amazing.

YouTube - Life: Bottlenose dolphins mud-ring feeding
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Pretty cool.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Administrator
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thats really interesting. I'm glad I watched it too.

I was just watching a video about a type of octopus that began using coconut shell halves as a shelter. the article with the video praised the octopus for its use of tools. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

Heres the video with some other guy talking about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD95VPiS1aY
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

VIP Member
    When I lived in San Diego they had an aquarium in La Jolla. They had an octopus in one tank across the room they had a big tank full of small fish.

The employees started noticing that the fish were disappearing. They studied it for weeks and couldn't find out why. One of them came up with the idea to set up video cameras at night on the fish tank.

They found that the octopus on the other side of the room would wait until night then squeeze through the drain pipes all the way across the room and into the fish tank. He would eat one or two fish and then go back into his tank so as to be there when the workers arrived again in the morning. Amazing!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Links