What the Heck!!!!!

This is a discussion on What the Heck!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I got a check from a person that I was doing some business with. His bank is closer than mine so I decided to cash ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the Heck!!!!!

What the Heck!!!!!

I got a check from a person that I was doing some business with. His bank is closer than mine so I decided to cash the check (and to ensure that it was good, guys okay but he's been known to "forget to put money into the bank") at his bank where he holds an account. I waited and then when it was my turn, I walk up and present the check.

No problem right. Well, up till she asked me for two pictures id's. Well, the only picture id's that I have is my drivers license and my CCW, so I show these to her.

She picks them up, looks at my DL and then at the CCW and then hands the CCW back to me and states, "Oh, this one won't work, it's not a government (state) id"

I was like

I explained to her that most people only have one photo id on them (the dl) so what other things can I give her to "prove" who I am.

She looks me straight in the face and says, "Do you have a major credit card" (and they don't have pictures on them).

I was like

So I hand her my debit card from my bank (says VISA on it) and all was good and well. I got my cash and left.

Anyone else have this happen to them, when a place wouldn't take your CCW, that has your picture on it, as proof of id?

Wayne

2. Remove Ads

Never underestimate the power of STUPID.

I used a college ID card once. Printer paper and a little lamination... photo, name, crest of the school, random "student ID number"... no address.
    "Oh, okay!"

I get the 'two ID's' thing every once in a while, but I've never handed my CCW to anyone for this purpose. DL and CC has always worked. How a credit card validate ID, I have no idea.

I did hand someone my PADI Scuba License once, they accepted it :)
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Assistant Administrator
    Wierd rules and wierd way of enforcing them.

Not in same category at all but had to laugh - hollow laugh! (remember folks - age here 61 and grey hair and white beard, right!). Three or so years ago, had buddy staying on vacation, and he is near 40 age - I drove him to Dulles airport for his return. Some time spare so stopped at a TGI Fridays a few miles before.

Waitress takes order, which includes two beers - she wanted to card us!! I assumed she was funnin and grinned and pointed at my grey and white bits - but she insisted - I all but walked out tho of course they have the right to card anyone. But hey - that was plumb crazy!

Stuff is in that category of ''it's what we are told to do'' - regardless of appropriateness or manner of implementation.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Let me guess....?.... another blonde joke,right??

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by cmidkiff
    I did hand someone my PADI Scuba License once, they accepted it :)
    I use my PADI Dive card all the time. They just look at the card and at me and say, "You sure have turned gray" and all is well...
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    I think I posted this before here so I will give the short version. A gentleman had forgotten his camera bag with some expensive equipment inside at the hotel where I work. I found his name and phone nuber in the bag and left him a message. When he showed up I asked for ID and he presented the only one he had: a FL CCW. I accepted it and returned him the stuff. The manager pulled me to one side and complained that it was not a DL so it was not a "valid" form of ID. I looked at him in disbelief and asked him if he knew what was the procedure to obtain a FL CCW. He did not and I went on to explain the whole process. By his initial reaction you could tell he thought they give away the CCW's with a Big Mac and an order of fries but after the explanation I got no more hassles from him in that aspect.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    My son is very tall for his age (13) and every time we go to the airport, we have to drag along his student ID, so the TSA will let him on the plane. They always ask for his drivers license, and I always reply that the state of Florida doesn't give out ID's to 13 year old kids! Got to get him a passport, I guess.

A friend I grew up with and I were both back in our hometown in Michigan during our college years and went out drinking. He presented his Arizona DL, and the bouncer at the bar wouldn't accept it! Said it looked fake and if we didn't go away the manager would call the cops. I wanted to have the manager call the cops, as they would know it was a valid ID, and we both knew a bunch of them anyway. We ended up going to another bar and drinking most of the night. The funny thing is one of the regulars at the first bar was 17 at the time and drank on a fake Michigan ID.

Sounds like a dumb ace to me, haha, if i were in your shoes i would have made a scene (minor) or just ask for the manager and let the incompetence go away before i would have made a scene.

I use my UT CCW all the time. It looks just like a DL. No one has ever turned it down. I did get carded at Albertsons once for buy a six pack of IBC rootbeer.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Teckomando@netzero.net
    http://teckomando.tripod.com

Whats funny is my CCW has my current address on it but my drivers license has an old one on it (here in Colorado its legal to write your new address on the back of the license ... and DLs are good for 10 years!).

So once when paying with a check (extremely rare occasion) I plopped down my DL and the lady said "this has a different address than your check, do you have any other ID?" So I dropped my CCW on her and her eyes got real big and her voice kind of quivered when she said "thank you" as she handed me my receipt.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I have had my military ID, Firearm license (with picture) and my Government ID with my badge attached turned down as ID, yet the easiest piece to get here is a drivers license. Stupid is a international and likely interplanetary diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Let me guess....?.... another blonde joke,right??
    Damn you stole my line.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I can't understand Flah-Dah's reasoning behind this :"Chapter 790,Florida Statutes.......(this,in re to carring your CWP)...... 790.06 states"The licensee must carry the license together with valid identification,at all times in which the licensee is in actual posession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25,payable to the clerk of court." Seems like the CWP would be proper ID,unless it's because of the following.

As I look at my CWP I was wondering if this is unique or this is the format used by most all states.

The CWP has a color pic. The CWP has a state hologram on it. Actually mine has 4 of them. The CWP's info includes,name and address,DOB,sex,race,Lic#,date issued,date expires. NO height,weight,color eyes,color hair. Hmmmmmm,wonder why??? And then of course,it is signed by our commissioner, Charles Bronson. The license is issued by the Florida Dept. of Agreculture & Consumer Services.

We here in Flah-Dah can carry all sorts of stuff with this license. Even if you are carring a streight bladed,double edged knife you still have to have the CWP on your person. That goes for a SAP also.It's a weapons permit,not just a firearms permit.

Anyway, thanks to Mr. Charles Bronson,he knows something about takin' care of the "trash". --------

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID
    frankmako

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links