VA Delegate says employers are implanting chips against will of employees

This is a discussion on VA Delegate says employers are implanting chips against will of employees within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sounds like a nut sandwich to me (although to his credit he carries his share of the water for pro-gun causes). Bill would ban unwanted ...

Thread: VA Delegate says employers are implanting chips against will of employees

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Sounds like a nut sandwich to me (although to his credit he carries his share of the water for pro-gun causes).

Bill would ban unwanted tracking devices in bodies | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Bill would ban unwanted tracking devices in bodies

By Bill Sizemore
    The Virginian-Pilot
    February 9, 2010
    RICHMOND

If the House of Delegates has its way, Virginians soon will be protected against the threat of having human tracking devices implanted into their bodies.

Del. Mark Cole’s bill, HB53, makes the implantation of such a device without a person’s informed written consent a misdemeanor. The measure won preliminary approval Tuesday.

Cole, R-Fredericksburg, said the bill was requested by constituents who told him some employers have begun using such devices to keep track of employees.

Arguing against the bill, Del. Robert Brink, D-Arlington, said that when he campaigned for office last fall, he never heard any constituents express concern about human tracking devices – or, for that matter, about “the danger of asteroids striking the earth or the threat posed by giant alligators in our city sewer systems.”

“Let’s concentrate on real-world problems,” he pleaded.

The bill was approved on a voice vote with no further debate.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

They should buy part of an island instead. He seems a bit disconnected from reality.

Wierd....I will have to give him a call. Mark Cole is very pro-gun and an ally of VCDL. I will see if I can get some background on this....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    I hate those pesky sewer gators.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

JD
    Administrator
    Not as scary as you think...

Google Verichip.

There is a movement to plant vchips in children, on the assumption if they are kidnapped, you can find them faster. We already plant chips in animals, and the human is just another animal.
    Uncle Dannie
    FOP Lodge 55, RPOAC, NRA Life Member

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    It sounds crazy now, but then so did tricorders and communicators on Star Trek back in the day. Maybe a little ahead of his time, but not necessarily crazy.
    Walk softly ...

I'm not positive but I think I got a Dorito implanted
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    The technology exists and it will only improve (smaller size, more data, stronger signal). While he might be WAY ahead of his time in suggesting this kind of legislation, he isn't exactly hovering in the Twilight Zone.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Aluminum foils hats and on your windows will bock the chip's signal.

Got that info from the internet.

Problem is, the tecnology actually exists, and never say it won't happen.

Did we ever believe that cell phones would be invented?
    What about PC's, Internet, IPods, Compact Disc, minature surveillence cameras, Global Positioning System Trackers and all manner of electronic devices that just 40 years ago seemed impossible to believe would ever come forth?

While I don't buy into the paranoia, at least we know that the technology does exist, and hopefully it won't be used against us. For now.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; February 10th, 2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: delete a word
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    didn't mythbusters bust this myth already?... wait that was about blood doners...

We have people that are scared that their credit cards will pay for other people's things when going though a checkout because of the "tap and go" feature... Its another concern about tracking this and that but what do you think GPS enabled cell phone do? How about Lojack in cars or other such tracking device? *cough* On-Star *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by US government
    we know where you sleep

Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

VIP Member
    This was floated originally during the Clinton administration by several corporations, cannot remember their names at the moment. This is very much the same implantable biochip technology that is used by veterinarians to identify lost and stolen pets.

Implantable Biochip Could Relay Vital Health Information If Soldier Is Wounded In Battle

History of the Implantable Microchip

http://cbimms.duke.edu/pdf/Guiseppi_...Abstract-1.pdf

VCU professors present implantable biochip research at military forum in Puerto Rico &ndash; VCU News Center

This is not a new technology. As to whether it is nefarious or not, well, any technology (firearms, knives, books, television, etc.) can be used for both good and ill. It all depends upon the intentions of the wielder of the technology, and the approval or opprobrium of the society at large that sees and judges the result.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean the world isn't out to get you."
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Links