need advice!

This is a discussion on need advice! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know that only i can make the decision just wanted some input, k, I am a big video gamer, i sold my xbox 360 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need advice!

need advice!

I know that only i can make the decision just wanted some input, k, I am a big video gamer, i sold my xbox 360 to help pay bills, and i really want to get another one, but on the other hand i have been waiting to be 21 for a long time to get a handgun, I can only get one of them and im having to choose.
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    which is more important to you?

I'd get a gun.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Both have continuous expenditure of cash to use, only one can save your life.

Administrator
    If its really a decision you are struggling with, the Xbox has your name on it. Leave guns alone for a while longer.
    "Just blame Sixto"

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
    I don't know any men who X-Box. Get ur gun and get serious.

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRabbi View Post
    When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
    Roger that! besides $60 in ammo is more fun that a game that cost the same that you'll beat in 3 days. Time to man up
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Xbox = simulates violence.
    Gun = defending yourself against violence.
    Go with the Xbox and get a gun when you are ready for one.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I gotta disagree on that one Rabbi. There are many men who own gaming systems. It is a good distraction when played in moderation, I plan on getting a PS3 soon.

On the other hand, I must agree with the other posts. What is more important to you my friend!

Is where you live a crime free zone? Just know that if you get a gun, that it's real and not a game. I like to use motorcycle games to help my old reflexes for when I'm actually riding on the public roads. But I don't ride on public roads the way I do in the game. One can help the other, it's up to you to know the difference. It's only a matter of time(young pip's think they don't have time)and you'll have the money for both..... It's really which one you want first.
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

Scratch all that...get a PS3!

No really, it's up to you. If you're not ready for gun ownership it's OK. Only you can decide.

I would tend to agree with Sixto though.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    For me that decision is a no-brainer, but I can't make it for you. Are you ready for the responsibility of gun ownership? Do you plan to get a permit to carry? Do you plan to do some training? Do you realize the costs?
    Think it over.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Oh heck, if you don't feel threatened by anything right now, enjoy life, get the X-Box, have fun and enjoy life, get a weapon later on, people are to much in a hurry now a days to grow up, it's not all that much fun. j/k

Enjoy life while you can, responsibility and adulthood will catch up with you soon enough, if you have a chance to enjoy being young yet, go for it.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Oh heck, if you don't feel threatened by anything right now, enjoy life, get the X-Box, have fun and enjoy life, get a weapon later on, people are to much in a hurry now a days to grow up, it's not all that much fun. j/k

Enjoy life while you can, responsibility and adulthood will catch up with you soon enough, if you have a chance to enjoy being young yet, go for it.
    That's pretty good advice right there.

I'm 37 and play PS3 everyday.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

I know quite a few people who game as well as are firearms owners. The average age of a person who owns a gaming console is 36, the people who grew up playing nintendo and atari didn't just stop when they hit the age of 18.

Anyway, gaming is fun, but so is target shooting. However, like it's been pointed out, one builds discipline and a potentially life saving skill, the other let's you get cussed out by 11 year old "gangstas" over xbox live. Which one sounds better to you?
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

I'm 49 and I X-Box, maybe I am going the other way, and I need to beat my 13yo sons butt just to show him I still got it. BTW I still do have it.
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links