An interesting email I received

This is a discussion on An interesting email I received within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This came from a shooting/SF buddy of mine, I hope you guys like it as much as I did. *Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, ...

Thread: An interesting email I received

This came from a shooting/SF buddy of mine, I hope you guys like it as much as I did.

*Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is part drill
    instructor, and part standup comic (Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Arizona ).

Here are a few of his observation on tactics, firearms, self defense and life as we know it in the civilized world.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way.."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."

"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for."

"Don't shoot fast, unless you also shoot good.."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

More Excellent Gun Wisdom........

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy...

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away .

5.. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware of the man who only has one gun, because he probably knows how to use it very well.

Bruce
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for."

LOL

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    8. Beware of the man who only has one gun, because he probably knows how to use it very well.

I've always tried to fall into this category. Though I do have more than one gun, I try to only have one of each KIND of gun (semi auto rifle, bolt rifle, shotgun, pistol, revolver)
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Tactically..the faster we kill them the less they will shoot us!

The best fight is over before the badguy thinks it started!

The only unfair fight is the one YOU LOSE!

Anything worth shooting is worthe shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.

If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    I love number 1. I'll be 77 in April and I'm not about to get into a fistfight.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Though I have heard those before, they never get old, still funny, still GREAT!

Clint Smith is great and has a whole stash of "Clint-isms" - I'll be getting them first-hand this May.

BTW, Thunder Ranch is in Oregon... I just WISH it was in AZ.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I believe there is a Thunder Ranch in Texas too.......
    Molon Labe

VIP Member
    "6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity"

Good stuff. I plan on adding that to my signature.

There are no rules in a gun fight and the only objective is to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Alte View Post
    I love number 1. I'll be 77 in April and I'm not about to get into a fistfight.
    "Der Alte" - Is your name a reference to the German TV series?

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are cunning and you sleep with your mouth open.

Quote Originally Posted by DwnRangeKing View Post
    I believe there is a Thunder Ranch in Texas too.......
    That was Clint Smith's old operation. He downsized his school and moved to Lakeview, Oregon a few years ago, and now he is personally involved in all his classes.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Sponsored Links