Done Valentines day shopping yet?

This is a discussion on Done Valentines day shopping yet? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I bought My fiance something special today. I usually don't believe in having to buy something nice for my girl on Valentines day, it's just ...

Thread: Done Valentines day shopping yet?

I bought My fiance something special today. I usually don't believe in having to buy something nice for my girl on Valentines day, it's just a hallmark holiday to me basically. I usually just get her some flowers or a card or something. We are getting married in may and I still have tax return money left over from last year, so I bought her a necklace for Valentines day. I figure she bought me a gun last year with her tax money (hk uspc .40 cal) so I kind of owe her something nice. I got a nice .36 carat diamond on a white gold chain, and I hope she likes it. Wish me luck. I figure I got enough toys in the last year (guns) that this time it's her turn to get a toy. That and I kind of wanted something to commemorate the year we got married, so we can look back and think I got that for her just before we got married. Anyway I'm rambling (scotch talking) did anybody get their special someone anything special this year?
    When SHTF I don't call 911, I call 1911
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
    Kimber ultra carry II stainless steel
    HK uspc

Quote Originally Posted by noonan View Post
    I bought My fiance something special today. I usually don't believe in having to buy something nice for my girl on Valentines day, it's just a hallmark holiday to me basically. I usually just get her some flowers or a card or something. We are getting married in may and I still have tax return money left over from last year, so I bought her a necklace for Valentines day. I figure she bought me a gun last year with her tax money (hk uspc .40 cal) so I kind of owe her something nice. I got a nice .36 carat diamond on a white gold chain, and I hope she likes it. Wish me luck. I figure I got enough toys in the last year (guns) that this time it's her turn to get a toy. That and I kind of wanted something to commemorate the year we got married, so we can look back and think I got that for her just before we got married. Anyway I'm rambling (scotch talking) did anybody get their special someone anything special this year?
    Have one for me too. I hope it's a good single malt.

Good job on the gift and I here what you mean about it being a hallmark holiday.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I just took my wife to a super nice (read "expensive") dinner.

That's the start of the weekend. We'll see if that holds up or if I need to get anything else.

Nope, that woman doesnt DESERVE a darn thing!

JK

Dinner, flowers, card, candy, message. That it.

IMHO valentine's day is a Hallmark payday. My favorite girlfriend turned to me last night and said "I'mso glad we don't do Valentine's day" BTW favorite girlfriend is 'wife' another word I don't use. She waited tables at a nice resteraunt for years. On V day the wait staff would laugh at most of the couples who came in for their night out, not talking or looking at each other eating an inflated price dinner served by an over worked staff. If you need V day to tell her/him they are your best friend/lover your doing it wrong. Don't get me wrong... we will have a chocolate night together... chocolate martini's.. chocolate tenderloin.. chocolate dessert(haven't decided on what yet) we will celebrate berng together, it was a rough road to get here. I hope you all can celebrate with someone you really love..however you do it.
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

Box of Candy and a Card. After 24 years we learned not to go out on V-day
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Did something a little different this year. The wife will get a wooden valentine card. I was out in the shop cleaning up and got the idea to take a piece of smooth 1 x 6 and cut it into the shape of a heart using the band saw. I painted it red, printed a picture of a bee and the word "mine" and glued the printed material onto the red heart. I'll set that along with a chocolate kiss on the coffee bar so she'll find it when she gets her coffee first thing in the am.
    And then I'll take her to brunch at her favorite restaurant.
    Only 47 valentines days for us.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Nope, that woman doesnt DESERVE a darn thing!
    Sleep on the couch much?

As far as I know, we're not really doing anything special tomorrow. We went out for dinner tonight, but it wasn't a special event sort of dinner - just hubby, son, and I at the local Golden Corral. Valentine's Day is one of those made-up holidays to me - we say "I Love You" every day, not just February 14th.

Though I did get to spend the afternoon at the gun show... maybe that was my V-day gift...

We don't observe this type of holiday here so I guess that kinda answers the question for us. We did go out tonight for dinner though carrying a Glock 36 and a Ruger P345D.

Links