Can anyone tell me why

Can anyone tell me why

This is a discussion on Can anyone tell me why within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Objects in the mirror are closer that they appear" Only applies to the passenger side mirror?...

Can anyone tell me why

"Objects in the mirror are closer that they appear"

Only applies to the passenger side mirror?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

In my case it's because I do all the driving and the Wife is always telling me how to drive

This seems to make sense.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

The convecity of the passenger mirror is made to eliminate a blind spot not needed on the driver's side...
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ayce2 View Post
    The convecity of the passenger mirror is made to eliminate a blind spot not needed on the driver's side...
    I don't buy it. I have changed a few broken mirrors and the part was the same for both driver and passenger. It was a piece of glass with the "mirror" surface on both sides.

I have never noticed the driver side doesn't have the warning. I shall have to go check!

how curious!
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

to get people like you, to post questions like this, on forums like this, and get answers like these.

I I've heard a lot of reasons, but the convexity to eliminate a blind spot sounds most reasonable.
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

the mirror over my bed reads,"objects in mirror are larger than they appear"
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

it's to tell you it's too late to draw your weapon when you see a large unblinking eye in the passenger side mirror!

Quote Originally Posted by 8plus1 View Post
    it's to tell you it's too late to draw your weapon when you see a large unblinking eye in the passenger side mirror!

Larger field of view. Motorcycles usually have convex mirrows on both sides. The real question is what part of the chicken does the nugget come from. I have cleaned and cut up lost of chickens and have yet to find the nugget.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

If convexity doesn't explain it:
    Driver mirror is ~2 feet away, passenger mirror is ~6 feet away. They think adding 2 feet to the viewing distance isn't enough to justify a warning, but 6 feet is.
    Crime should be outlawed.

Convexity of the mirror is accurate. It means the surface of the mirror is not flat, but bowed out. (a convex mirror is bowed out, a concave mirror is bowed inward) If you've ever seen those large round mirrors in grocery stores, or in areas where fork lifts drive, they use the same principle on a larger scale.

Only the passenger side mirror is convex. The driver's side mirror is flat, so things appear their normal size in the driver's side mirror.

Links