Other Forums

Other Forums

This is a discussion on Other Forums within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I dont know where else to put this, so off-topic is probably best. I joined XDtalk.com a few months ago and looked around, chatted about ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other Forums

Other Forums

I dont know where else to put this, so off-topic is probably best.

I joined XDtalk.com a few months ago and looked around, chatted about things, singed out and didnt go back....

....until tonight.

I answered a few questions, asked a few, and spent maybe an hour on that site. (cant sleep, its late and I am bored) Anyway, I dont think I like it. I mean, its good, I find useful info there about my guns, but even though I am a die hard XD fan, I dont like it.

Background: This is the first forum I ever joined. I dont even remember why I did. I have made friends, deals, and shared a wealth of information on this forum. I have been instructing self-defense and CCW for 5 years now, been a member of this forum for about ten months, not even a full year, and I have no idea how I taught before. HONESTLY! I mean, I know the material and what not, but I find so much more on here. Anyway, enough about that, this is about other forums and not so much this one. So I thought joining another forum that "specialized" in my guns would be fun.

I find that that forum is harder to navigate and harder to follow. I think, again, because I really havent spent much time on that site, but the other reason, and I dont mean to sound sappy, is I feel like this is my home and I feel more comfortable talking on THIS forum than others. Maybe someone might know what I am talking about, others are probably thinking that I am weird and all forums are the same or something. Another problem I have is I spend too much time on this forum to spend time on another forum.

I dont mean XDtalk is bad or the people who discuss there are wrong by any means! I just know what this forum is all about and XDtalk is to foreign for me, even though I am a huge XD fan. Does anyone else feel this way about other forums you might belong too?

I just wanted to share my feelings on this with you all. Its late, Im bored, and I just signed off of XDtalk.... I dont know if I will go back... again.

I first joined Tx chlforum,and after a couple months discovered Defensive carry,I still visit the other site occassionally to stay current on Tx laws etc.but this site encompasses people from all 50 states and a few other countries that I can get first hand knowledge of dos and dont's if I'm traveling thru their state,like where ya don't wanta go even if your armed to the teeth
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I've surfed a few, made accounts on a few, and got bored with all. Defensivecarry.com seems to be the best around. Its got nothing to do with how easy it is to navigate, or the interface or anything technical like that. The people here, I find, are just nicer, more welcoming, and more helpful.

I've had a rude reception on other forums, and sometimes they are just to cuaght up in 2nd amendment debates and flame wars to be very useful.
    "If it ain't a mess, it'll do till the mess gets here."
    -Sheriff Bell, No Country for Old Men

RMS
    Defensive Carry compared to other sites; well, there is just no comparision. This forum sets the standard for all others!!

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Impetus View Post
    I've surfed a few, made accounts on a few, and got bored with all. Defensivecarry.com seems to be the best around. Its got nothing to do with how easy it is to navigate, or the interface or anything technical like that. The people here, I find, are just nicer, more welcoming, and more helpful.

I've had a rude reception on other forums, and sometimes they are just to cuaght up in 2nd amendment debates and flame wars to be very useful.
    Yup. Best folks I've found around a forum.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

The only forum I know of that is nearly as great as this one is/was the build-a-home forum that I joined when we were building our house. People a lot like what you find here, nice family friendly forum.

This forum however is much better than that one. I'm a member of several other firearm forums as well. I like them, but I feel at home here.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Hi, my name is MiklColt45, and I have to admit, I have seen a few other forums (fora?) on the side.

But, it was, well, just a one-time thing. Well, okay, there was this one other time. But, that's it. I swear.

I keep getting drawn back here. I am working on my problem, and will try to be faithful to DC and DC alone in the future.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Hi, my name is MiklColt45, and I have to admit, I have seen a few other forums (fora?) on the side.

But, it was, well, just a one-time thing. Well, okay, there was this one other time. But, that's it. I swear.

I keep getting drawn back here. I am working on my problem, and will try to be faithful to DC and DC alone in the future.
    Did you just join the "Other Forums Anonymous" forum?

I too have to admit, I've been to the Smith & Wesson Model 39 forum.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I must admit I am a member of other forums but my favorite is Defensive carry.1-Topics ,2- Great reviews,3-Courtesy of other members.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    I am often pleasantly surprised at the quality of responses and people here.

Carry on DC.com
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

I am on Glock Talk, but it seems as though most of the topics there are inexplicably closed.

VIP Member
    Yep, DC.com rules!!

Thanks again to Bumper and the mods for giving us a place to call home.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

The knowledge of the members is what hooked me on DC. So many times when I researched something on the internet I ended up at DC. I am not easily offended (I work with at risk youth), but I like the fact that offensive behavior isn't tolerated here.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I think it really is the courtesy of other members that keeps drawing me back. I never have to worry about getting flamed. Not that I havent seen you fellas point out when someone is being an immature jack**s, but those types always shave it coming. I swear I've never seen a troll here though.
    "If it ain't a mess, it'll do till the mess gets here."
    -Sheriff Bell, No Country for Old Men

It's OK - Bumper's Kool-Aid is just better than everybody else's....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links