Anyone read the sword of truth Novels By Terry Goodkind

This is a discussion on Anyone read the sword of truth Novels By Terry Goodkind within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These books are great and they give great exaples of sheeple and the power of freedom. Teaches that in order for a people to burn ...

Thread: Anyone read the sword of truth Novels By Terry Goodkind

Anyone read the sword of truth Novels By Terry Goodkind

These books are great and they give great exaples of sheeple and the power of freedom. Teaches that in order for a people to burn for freedom, it must be taken from them.
    "You have traded freedom for not even a bowl of soup, but worse, for the spoken empty feelings of others who say that you deserve to have a full bowl of soup provided by someone else. Every persons life is theirs by right. An individuals life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then a slave. No one can deny another person their right to live, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their own life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a mans throat and dictate how he must live his life. No society can be more important than the individuals who compose it,or else you ascribe supreme importance, not to man, but to any notion that strikes the fancy of that society,at a never ending cost of lives. Reason and reality are the only means to just laws, mindless wishes, if given sovereignty, become deadly masters. Surrendering reason to faith in these men sanctions their use of force to enslave you-to murder you. You have the power to decide how you will live your life. These mean little men up here are but cockroaches, if you say they are. They have no power to control you but that which you grant them."
    Set kind of like the lord of the rings(both time period and magic/creatures) I don't normally like sci-fi books but have read each of the 9- 800 page books at least twice. Lots of action/death/tragedy/humor.( by the way this is from one of his forums and can be used without worry of copyright probs)
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

2. Remove Ads

Very good series of books Mac. It also has the most extreme example of how the "peaceful, non-violent approach" doesn't work (the Bandakar nation in Naked Empire). Definately addictive reading. I'm through the first Chainfire and have read the series at least four times (they haven't gotten old yet). Goodkind is an excellent author. Hopefully he'll continue writing in the existing world when he finishes the Sword of Truth series. He definately has plenty of stories (both past and future) to continue with. Any hopes/ideas of who/what he'll write the next series of books about? I've definately got a few.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

not sure. Almost hate for this series to end, but man how much more bad stuff can happen to richard. Every time he gets happy its like sorry nicci is taking you to the old world, or opps no one knows who kahlan is, or darn it kahlan shut off the magic and the chimes are killing eveyone.
    Only about half way through chainfire. Was actually thinking the other day "Man it would suck if Terry got hit with a truck and was not able to finish the story"
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Yeah, it would definately suck. I'm thinking that the next series (if it is in the same universe) will either revolve around either the first war (the one described in Kolo's journal - where all of the Sword of Truth stuff started), or the last war (with Zedd as the main character (The Wind of Death, indeed!), or, focus on the future, revolving around Rachel (Zedd did say she was a person of importance or something like that). I think the last is the most likely, with Chase, Zedd, Richard and Kahlan as occaisonal supporting characters.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

no, i do not.

fox news at this time

Links