Gangland on History Channel

This is a discussion on Gangland on History Channel within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone else catch every episode? The variance between the street gangs, prison gangs, biker gangs, hispanic gangs, black gangs, drug cartels, and everything else is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gangland on History Channel

Anyone else catch every episode? The variance between the street gangs, prison gangs, biker gangs, hispanic gangs, black gangs, drug cartels, and everything else is pretty astonishing. However, there is one common theme, and that's the total disregard for human life and the rule of law. These guys, no matter what gang they're affiliated with, just simply don't give a rat's about anything. Nothing means anything to them....not life, loyalty, friendships, nothing. Dregs of society.

I can't believe we let these guys walk our streets. Hats off to the local PDs and LEOs that have to face these scum everyday. How do you, a public servant with a wife and kid(s), go to work everyday to stare down a bunch of juvenile men with nothing to lose, who would just as soon kill you as look at you? Something drastic needs to be done about the gang problem in America, and it will likely be draconian measures that piss of civil libertarians, me included.

Tough problem. Hate these *, but can't stop watching the show. Stay armed, stay safe.
    Last edited by CopperKnight; February 20th, 2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: language

I have it on auto record,I think the US gubment needs to treat these gangs just like a terrorist and or criminal organisation,Arresting them and putting them in prison doesn't do any good,they just join up with their homeboys and do the same crap behind the walls,theres only one way to deal with a rabid dog,I saw where one "PUNK" said I can walk up and just hit somebody cause I know my homeys got my back,In other words I'm a little chicken but when I join a gang I get to act tough
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    I watch the show as well. It's actually pretty eye opening on where some of these gangs are located and their sheer sizes. Their complete disregard for human life is sickening. To shoot and kill someone over a color of a bandana or because they live on a different street is mind boggling.

the problem with gangs is that the government will not address the problem in a manner that will break the backs of the gang. sometimes you got to step on the backs to correct the problem. the do gooders will not let this happen.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    It is domestic terrorizm...and getting worse by the day,this is what we pay our taxes for...didn't you know?

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Forgive me but....since the last election, Ive been going through a cynical period in my life....I believe there is more money to be made fighting crime rather than stopping crime. With that said, I have the utmost respect for LE..honest. The stuff that goes through your heads must be so stressful...thanks for doing what you do. I think we need some better judges and lawyers...so they don't let out what PD put away. Seems like a slap to the face not justice because the BG wasn't Mirandad (Mirandood? Mirandicated? Oh, never mind...), read his rights correctly or in a language that he could understand (another discussion for another forum) and didn't understand that it wasn't right to admit his guilt, caught in the act or not...
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Mirandized.

I've seen a few episodes here and there. It's actually pretty distrubing to watch. Not for violent images or anything, but like the first poster said about how much disregard they have for human life.

Emrah

The problem with annihilating gangs is that they have the same legal protections as non-gang members. The closest we've been able to come to incarcerating gang members for their affiliation is the RICO act. It's too bad that simple membership itself in those syndicates is not covered by RICO because if it were, then be an easy matter to sweep up those gangsters in to prisons. Then we could just show a jury their tattoos and let them try to explain why their skin reads "hells angels" or "cop killer" if they're not in the gang.

Miranda was guilty.

It is not a gang. It's a club.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    Tough problem. Hate these *, but can't stop watching the show. Stay armed, stay safe.
    Don't stop watching, it's better to know your enemies than ignore. Most of these types are the ones committing crimes that make the politicians want to take the guns, and law abiding citizens suffer.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    I watch the show as well. It's actually pretty eye opening on where some of these gangs are located and their sheer sizes. Their complete disregard for human life is sickening. To shoot and kill someone over a color of a bandana or because they live on a different street is mind boggling.
    Adds a new meaning to, "Grew-up-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-tracks"
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

I have seen a bunch of those episodes on the History Channel. Man, all I can say, from personal experiences, is they are all losers and start out looking to be wanna-be tough guys and will do anything to get that title of "bad a^% Mfr". A bunch of little boys who never had a real family. They all have no lives and definitely NO CARES. They try to be the nicest politest people going when they are alone.
    Some have good jobs in the community and some are legal personal who are members of, or paid off, by those gangs...including some people in law enforcement. They also need to be dealt with, which is another issue / thread.
    I have met and drank with biker gangs a lot when I was younger and saw and heard crazy f'd up sh^t. Got to know a few by their names even met a president a few times of one chapter. They used to be at the bars I went to and some parties. Pretty much what the History Channel is reporting on some of the biker gangs, that I drank with, is true with their mentality and operations. One grp asked me to join and I wasn't going for that...and all I wanted to do is drink where I was and be left alone.

I agree with everyone here that gangs are the biggest reason our 2nd Amendment is under attack. In general gangs are just a HUGE problem in America...biker or otherwise. If you ever need to defend yourself against a small grp of them you would need to call the police ASAP and do what is needed quickly, if police are taking too long.....because these degenerates (guys and gals) don't follow laws or the rules and don't give two #$^%s about you.

I personally like the show. Real informative I have been viewing them on Youtube as well, you can view most every episode if you know what you are looking for. Its very disturbing/intresting to see what they do and how they define things. Like mic said
    Don't stop watching, it's better to know your enemies than ignore.
    I would rather have an idea of who I am talking to on the other side of the table than just to be ignorant about it and say something wronge.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

The one of the M/C club the Vegans, Was really disturbing,, The man said he probly killed 30 people?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links