Have you been a 'victim' of crime? - Page 2

Have you been a 'victim' of crime?

This is a discussion on Have you been a 'victim' of crime? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Unoccupied Home Burglary. It is never good when the submarine pulls in from sea, and the Chief-of-the-Boat comes up to you and says you need ...

View Poll Results: Have you been a 'victim' of crime?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armed robbery by firearm

13 11.50%
  • Armed robbery by other weapon

6 5.31%
  • Strong arm robbery

8 7.08%
  • Burglary, occupied home

6 5.31%
  • Burglary, unoccupied home

41 36.28%
  • Assault with firearm

10 8.85%
  • Assault with other weapon

14 12.39%
  • Assault without weapon

21 18.58%
  • Other

26 23.01%
  • None

22 19.47%
  • Single assailant

32 28.32%
  • Multiple assailants

21 18.58%
  • I was armed and resisted

11 9.73%
  • I was armed but didn't resist

0 0%
  • I was unarmed and resisted

19 16.81%
  • I was unarmed and didn't resist

15 13.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Unoccupied Home Burglary. It is never good when the submarine pulls in from sea, and the Chief-of-the-Boat comes up to you and says you need to go talk to the Squadron Chaplain on the pier.

Thankfully the wife & kids were visiting her family in NH while I was at sea, some punks broke in and stole everything electronic in the house, including cheap $20 alarm clock radios.

We then got robbed again by the insurance company when it came time to settle the claim. Thankfully we did have renters insurance to help cover the loss (not many in military housing do).
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

You forgot to ask "Violated my Marriage"
    ☣ James ☠
    XDm-9mm Bi-Tone 3.8 (CC)
    XD-45ACP Bi-Tone (Duty)
    XD-40 Sold
    Glock 22 Sold
    S&W Model 629 Sold

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I am a victim of a crime every day. I am a taxpaying resident of NY.

Yep. Jan. 14th, 2009. At the Sam's Club on Getwell Road in Memphis TN, around noon. I was the victim of an attempted carjacking. It did not succeed because I was armed with my trusty Glock 23 and once the gang member/moron saw it pointed at him he ran much faster than his baggy over sized pants should have let him. He was caught though and arrested for having a bad of dope and 2 outstanding warrants.

End disposition, he went to jail for 2 years I think. Should still be in there but knowing the Shelby County justice system, I seriously doubt he is.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    I am a victim of a crime every day. I am a taxpaying resident of NY.
    I was going to say something like that earlier but decided against it.

The IRS may be watching
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    errrmmm.. where is the auto theft options?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Theft from auto in '87 only minor loss. Theft of my radiator, hood, battery and headlight door a few years later. Stopped the attempted B & E of my apartment sometime in between. Funny how the sight of a 8 inch model 29 changes a larcenous punk back into law abiding school boy. That "Buckwheat" moment was precious though.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzleloader View Post
    Theft from auto in '87 only minor loss. Theft of my radiator, hood, battery and headlight door a few years later. Stopped the attempted B & E of my apartment sometime in between. Funny how the sight of a 8 inch model 29 changes a larcenous punk back into law abiding school boy. That "Buckwheat" moment was precious though.
    They took my radiator, hood, battery, headlights, car frame, body panels, electrics, motor, trans, wheels, interior, exterior (they stole my car )
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

My apartment was broken into and all of my lovely electronics were stolen over the summer. I got lucky because I was supposed to be home alone, it was only because of a strange series of events that I wasn't.

When I was 17 I decided I was getting my concealed carry as soon as I turned 21. I stopped at a gas station after a late movie one night with a friend only to realize it was closed. When walking back to my car I was approached by a young man asking to use my cell phone. I told him that I didn't have one (which was a lie) and he started yelling at me and getting extremely close. I did my best to remain calm and not to react. Eventually, he got into his car and sped off (funny, he told me his car was broken down).

I have had my house broken into, they took all the jewlery they could find, 2 full case's (not box's) of 12 gauge and 3 shotguns. I was going to be home alone, my sister went with my grandmother and grandfather, I was not feeling weel and was going to stay home until my grandmother called and said she really wanted me to go, so I did.

My neighbor saw the guy breaking in and they caught him, we received everything including the rifles and ammo back. I was glad I was forced into going because it could of turned out bad. Found out a few weeks later it was the kid of one of our neighbors and they asked us not to prosecute.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Got held at gunpoint about 4 years ago. Bail bondsman came looking for someone that I was hanging out with, blocked my truck in and arrested the girl he had come for. The entire time, the bondsman had the gun pointed squarely in my face with his finger on the trigger. All through the incident I just merely cooperated since I had no means of fighting back at that time. I tried to press charges later that night for assault with a deadly weapon, since I wasn't an involved party; but alas, the officer I spoke to was uncooperative and pretty much told me I was wasting my time to file a report.

I took away a few important lessons from that incident. I no longer hang around with losers that will get me into any trouble whatsoever now. I also learned to listen to my spidey senses when I feel that something isn't right (look out on a hill that is taking exceptional interest in me, car rapidly approaching behind me), and high tail it in the opposite direction.
    Kimber Pro TLE II (EDC)
    Bersa Thunder .380 (EDC)
    Sig Sauer P226
    Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    Winchester Model 70 .270

IMO the OP should add "violent" to the title which is what this thread is pretty much about...

Everyone has been a victim of one crime or another...

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Multiple unoccupied burglaries, home, and auto. A half dozen over the years. Even had airbags stolen out of my Camry...

My sister in law was robbed at gunpoint last year. The BG used her credit card to pay his phone bill (stupid) so at least they caught him...
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Now I feel fortunate that I havent been attacked/mugged/robbed as bad as some of you guys. That really sux to go through an experience like that :(
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Armed Robbery at the McDonalds I worked third shift at. Robbers didn't see me until the way out, and either almost shot me for that, or for the fact that it turns out that I knew all of them, luckily their timing was off so the guy with the pistol in my face was rushed out by his partner.

Got beaten pretty badly by my father growing up. Some pretty severe injuries all things considered.

Had my car broken into and my radio stolen once. Along with all of my Christian music.

Had a some guy try to knife me for some reason I will never understand when I was a teenager. Ended up with a ruined shirt, a few small cuts and a nice new knife.

Was beat pretty badly when a group of about 8 people decided they wanted to beat and attempt to rape my 13 year old sister. She got away, so all was good in my book.

Random pickpocketing attempts as well as other odds and ends. Hit and run accidents, petty theft and whatnot. This isn't including the fun drive bys that happened when I stayed at my grandmothers, they never went through the windows or walls, and we all slept on the floor anyway.

So yeah, I have been a victim once or twice.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links