USA!!!

This is a discussion on USA!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by GunnyBunny Yes, we do live in BC. I haven't heard from my cousins in Alberta, yet. They probably aren't too happy either....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Yes, we do live in BC.
    I haven't heard from my cousins in Alberta, yet. They probably aren't too happy either.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    It ain't over til it's over. We're not out of it yet.

BTW, for those that don't know, Mrs. GB is a Yank. She was cheering for both teams.
    Then she truly is your better half.

P.S. It hurts to laugh!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Then she truly is your better half.
    I take back my "Get Well Soon"!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    P.S. It hurts to laugh!!!
    And I hope you think that was funny!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Fantastic game. Ryan Miller is playing great, and the speed and toughness of the US squad is very impressive. Brian Burke did a great job putting the team together. You don't just need big names to win. Also kudos to Rafalski, who is on FIRE. If you didn't already hear the stat, he has the same amount of goals in these Olympics (4), that he does in 57 games this season with the Red Wings. Thought that was pretty neat.

I am a big time hockey fan, so i grabbed a few sodas, and some snacks, and watched all three games. The game with the Russians and Czech's was great. That hit that Ovechkin put on Jagr was monstrous. I actually stood up off my couch. I just love watching the Russians play. Finesse passing, hard shooting, and Ovi skating around like a madman. Really recommend watching the Russians play if you haven't yet. Although, i feel they will be playing in the gold medal game, so you may still get a chance.

As for the third game, between Sweden and Finland. I'm not sure whether is was the time, or the fact it was my third game of the day, i just didn't get into it. Its a great rivalry, but something just wasn't there. The gold medal game in Torino was much more exiting.

Heres to next Sunday being even better!

USA USA USA
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson

VIP Member
    USA wins 2-0 in a physical game to advance to semifinals! USA! USA!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Another good win for the boys.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

VIP Member
    Well, the final buzzer just sounded and we beat the Russkies 7-3.

Looks like it can still be Canada vs USA in the final for the Gold!!

We are still very much in it!!

VIP Member
    Well, the final buzzer just sounded and we beat the Russkies 7-3.

Looks like it can still be Canada vs USA in the final for the Gold!!

We are still very much in it!!
    Wow such talent on these two teams. I didn't think the Russians could be beaten with all of their offensive power. They lost twice and are gone. Just goes to show that a great team can beat anybody on any given day.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Stinking Cannuck women. Two to zip. What a poor game by both teams. I was expecting a shootout.

VIP Member
    A 6 to 1 blitz in the semifinals! The Finns didn't even score until the "starters" got pulled late in the third. USA! USA! I love Olympic hockey!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links