My Daughter...

My Daughter...

This is a discussion on My Daughter... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...is awesome. i had her over the weekend. the other day, while sitting on the couch, my brother and me were talking about something on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Daughter...

My Daughter...

...is awesome.

i had her over the weekend. the other day, while sitting on the couch, my brother and me were talking about something on the news; i can't remember what, but it involved a self defense shooting. while she sat there, doodling rats (she loves rats), she blurted out, "when you do it, make sure it's double tap. right dad?"

i nearly had an asthma attack, and my brother spit his beer all over his lap. we laughed for a few minutes, pretty hard. she simply grinned, and continued to doodle her multi colored Easter themed rats.

a few minutes later, she asked, "what if a double tap doesn't work, dad?" i started to laugh again, but she looked pretty serious, so i explained the Mozambique Drill. "well, that oughta do it," she said, thoughtfully. she went back to her doodling, never mentioning it again.

i'm pretty sure she got the notion and phrase from watching zombie movies, as her mother is an idiot, raving, foaming-at-the-mouth anti. she sure as hell didn't ever hear me use the term. i'm just glad she understands the concept. i've been drilling her pretty hard about personal safety lately, because her mother's been parading strange men in and out of the house over the last few months. never accept gifts from strangers, never talk to strangers, if someone tries to touch you, run away and scream, fight back, kick, bite, whatever you have to do. she's got good phone skills, too; she knows my number, her house number, her grandmother's, and 911. she wants her own rifle, as well. i tell her to be careful not to tell her mom that, unless she wants to get grounded.

my kid makes me proud for the oddest reasons. i just hope she doesn't go and mention any of this crap in school.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    she blurted out, "when you do it, make sure it's double tap. right dad?

Thats a great story! How old is she?

Rule#2 Double tap
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post

Thats a great story! How old is she?

Rule#2 Double tap
    she turned 7 last November.

she turned 7 last November.
    you might have to buy her a cricket and I don't mean the bug
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Great story. I will admite I have a favorite cousin and her name is Nana. When she was smaller she had to have all caps (in silver no less) so I make fun of her today for starting Grillz.

Some kids were picking on her, they pushed her, pulled her hair, and name called her. one was going out of his way to sit behind her and kick her in the back.

I told her, Grab a pencil and yawn with your arms low when he does this, you will poke his knee with the pencil and he will eventually stop.

She did, he stopped

my uncle got a phone call

I got a phone call and I was so proud of her. The principal was glad she defended herself but told me not to teach her that because the kid could of gotten mad. so now she knows a bit of pressure points. lol my uncle (not her dad) is nuts, im nuts and we are gun/knife nuts. lol

Glad your daughter is learning properly.
    Spade115
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Great story. I will admite I have a favorite cousin and her name is Nana. When she was smaller she had to have all caps (in silver no less) so I make fun of her today for starting Grillz.

Some kids were picking on her, they pushed her, pulled her hair, and name called her. one was going out of his way to sit behind her and kick her in the back.

I told her, Grab a pencil and yawn with your arms low when he does this, you will poke his knee with the pencil and he will eventually stop.

She did, he stopped

my uncle got a phone call

I got a phone call and I was so proud of her. The principal was glad she defended herself but told me not to teach her that because the kid could of gotten mad. so now she knows a bit of pressure points. lol my uncle (not her dad) is nuts, im nuts and we are gun/knife nuts. lol

Glad your daughter is learning properly.
    Spade115
    So that's where kids get STUPID ideas... How about going to an ADULT first? I can't believe that is the best advise you could come up with.

I truly believe the last part in bold.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

It was the only thing I could think of. (I was in school as well) I will admite not the best advice but it worked.

My dad beleives the last part in bold as well. Dropped off his bike by noon on a saturday (in the rain, first week I had ever ridden a motorcycle, and was running late. Hate to lie so I keep my word as much as possibly or get there early) he told me I should of just kept it another week. (When I called he said he really needed it for that week so I rushed to take it to him)

little kidz iz great. Amazing how often one can leave you speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    So that's where kids get STUPID ideas... How about going to an ADULT first? I can't believe that is the best advise you could come up with.

I truly believe the last part in bold.
    I probably would have told her to stab the pencil into his thigh the next time he kicked her in the back.

But then I don't take cowardly stuff like attacking people from behind lightly. Not even (especially even) when they're kids who have poor manners from not being raised correctly by their PARENTS who think that "tell an adult" is the only way you should defend yourself.

Our school are full of bullies who get away with this stuff. Meanwhile the abused kids go psycho after being tormented for years. When the dust settles, the ABUSED KID goes to jail and the tormentors get no punishment.

Defend yourself the FIRST time and there is little chance that you will be continuously victimized by a bully. The bully is looking for a "victim" not a fight.

someone sent me this, because it kind of summed up our relationship:

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    I probably would have told her to stab the pencil into his thigh the next time he kicked her in the back.

But then I don't take cowardly stuff like attacking people from behind lightly. Not even (especially even) when they're kids who have poor manners from not being raised correctly by their PARENTS who think that "tell an adult" is the only way you should defend yourself.

Of course it's not the only way but it's the best way to start.

Our school are full of bullies who get away with this stuff. Meanwhile the abused kids go psycho after being tormented for years. When the dust settles, the ABUSED KID goes to jail and the tormentors get no punishment.

Of course teaching them to use violence before any other measure is the answer, correct?

Defend yourself the FIRST time and there is little chance that you will be continuously victimized by a bully. The bully is looking for a "victim" not a fight.
    By your rationale, if someone shoves you in line you can stab them with any instrument available at the time. You know that's not true... The first response if not to tell an adult would be to turn an yell at the kid to bring attention to the situation and let the bully know she is not going to take it.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    So that's where kids get STUPID ideas... How about going to an ADULT first? ......
    Yup. If at all possible, we who carry, are supposed to avoid the use of weapons and call 911, but we're willing to teach our kids to use whatever they have at hand and not first contact the "authorities?" Kinda hypocritical in my humble opinion, especially if we want to set a good example for kids.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Maybe its my age or something but I have always seen it simply put.

You can yell at the bully to get attention but most bullies are also the kids that have the teachers and principals thinking THEY are the good kids. I knew my fair share of people who were the trouble makers but would get off because "It could not be them".

If you turn right around and start yelling you will usually get in trouble for causing a commotion because he/she was not doing anything.

For your example-If someone push's you in line un-intentionally they would appoligize or you could go the effort and appoligize and maybe it will settle their.

If they do it intentionally usually its someone you have met or know that you are also aware that they dont like you. And if they are doing it intentionally there is a big possibility you will have to defend yourself. In which case you should prepare for the worst and hope for the best. IF it is someone you do not know you should still plan for the worst and hope for the best. you dont know what they might be thinking/capable of.

I try not to teach my cousin to use a weapon but it had also been going on for a while and I was tired of seeing her cry every time she got off the bus. (I was in middle school and she was in elementary) so I could not intervien.

If you get attention on the bully they usually get a friend and put more pressure on you. Kind of like extortion only at a minor level. People (kids now a days as well) need to learn that adult crimes are going to have adult consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Maybe its my age or something but I have always seen it simply put.

You can yell at the bully to get attention but most bullies are also the kids that have the teachers and principals thinking THEY are the good kids. I knew my fair share of people who were the trouble makers but would get off because "It could not be them".

If you turn right around and start yelling you will usually get in trouble for causing a commotion because he/she was not doing anything.

For your example-If someone push's you in line un-intentionally they would appoligize or you could go the effort and appoligize and maybe it will settle their.

If they do it intentionally usually its someone you have met or know that you are also aware that they dont like you. And if they are doing it intentionally there is a big possibility you will have to defend yourself. In which case you should prepare for the worst and hope for the best. IF it is someone you do not know you should still plan for the worst and hope for the best. you dont know what they might be thinking/capable of.

I try not to teach my cousin to use a weapon but it had also been going on for a while and I was tired of seeing her cry every time she got off the bus. (I was in middle school and she was in elementary) so I could not intervien.

If you get attention on the bully they usually get a friend and put more pressure on you. Kind of like extortion only at a minor level. People (kids now a days as well) need to learn that adult crimes are going to have adult consequences.
    Using a weapon when you are not in eminent danger is a crime also and should have adult consequences.

By jamming a pencil in the bully's leg you are more apt to escalate the violence from the bully, not stop it. I don't agree with your theories.

NRA Member

someone sent me this, because it kind of summed up our relationship:

That's great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links