Which to believe?

This is a discussion on Which to believe? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ever notice how we keep reading from members who shoot their EDC 200 rounds every day just to stay in practice ... and when they ...

Thread: Which to believe?

Which to believe?

Ever notice how we keep reading from members who shoot their EDC 200 rounds every day just to stay in practice ... and when they post to sell a gun it's like new safe queen with only 20 rounds down the barrel?

Reckon most of us shoot the heck out of ole Reliable and just buy the other ones so we can decide they aren't as good as what we already have after one box of ammo, then keep 'em in the safe as an investment for hard times.

2. Remove Ads

I have 46 handguns. 12 of which are hide-a-aways in my home and shop. 1 EDC. The rest, are yes, safe queens. When my buddies want to go out shooting, I take some of them. But for the most part, I like to take them out, clean them, admire them, and then put them back. I dont sell them. Not very often anyway. Most of them were handed down to me, or given to me, or I just couldnt pass up a good deal.

I have noticed what you are talking about anyway. I have noticed someone posting a thread on a new pistol they just bought, shot, and love. Next week, that same pistol with the same pictures is for sale in the Member Buy, Sell, Trade area.

I want to be a "Safe Queen"...

...assuming that means I'd have an army of y'all ready and available to act on my behalf and at my command....

-M
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    All of mine get used. Sadly, not as much as I'd like now that ammo is so pricey.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Administrator
    I have a bunch too, I don't know how many I have. I really only shoot three of 'em often.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Since I got into 1911 .45's, that is about all I shoot at the range.

I CCW a Walther PPS most of the time.

The Sig P250 is also almost always there in the car as is an LCP in my boot or pocket.

I don't sell anything I carry.

I shoot about 50 RD of what I carry about once a week, that is it.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links