This is so logical!

This is a discussion on This is so logical! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wow, turn something bad into something good. This is so painfully obvious, I can't believe I didn't think about this. And, I am considering moving ...

Thread: This is so logical!

This is so logical!

Wow, turn something bad into something good. This is so painfully obvious, I can't believe I didn't think about this. And, I am considering moving to Nashville!

NRA-ILA :: Pro-Gun Bill Heads to Governor?s Desk in Tennessee!

Pro-Gun Bill Heads to Governor’s Desk in Tennessee!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Please Contact the Governor Today!

On Wednesday, February 17, the Tennessee Senate unanimously passed House Bill 2376. The bill now heads to the desk of Governor Phil Bredesen (D) for his consideration.

Sponsored by State Representative David Shepard (D-69) and State Senator Doug Jackson (D-25), HB2376 would prohibit the destruction of confiscated firearms and require them to be auctioned off or sold to a federally licensed firearms dealer. Proceeds from the sale of these firearms are to be used for the benefit of law enforcement agencies.

HB2376 passed the House last June during the 2009 session and was carried over into 2010. SB2334, sponsored by State Senator Doug Jackson (D-25) was the companion bill to HB 2376.

Please contact Governor Bredesen today and respectfully urge him to sign HB2376 into law. The Governor can be reached by phone at or email Phil.Bredesen@tn.gov.

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
    This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
    11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 800-392-8683
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

This is good news!!!!

Hope the Gov. signs it into law.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Anyone else think this might lead to increased confiscation for the purpose of revenue?

Have the money go into general funds instead to reduce the temptation.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

I breaks my heart and makes me sick to think of all of the many thousands of classic collectible valuable good historic firearms that have been destroyed, many of them taken from families that treasured and displayed them, like war souvenirs.

Links