Furniture in Georgia?

This is a discussion on Furniture in Georgia? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Does anyone know where I can buy a nice kitchen table in Georgia? Specifically in the Kennesaw, Woodstock, Roswell area. I don't want to buy ...

Thread: Furniture in Georgia?

Furniture in Georgia?

Does anyone know where I can buy a nice kitchen table in Georgia? Specifically in the Kennesaw, Woodstock, Roswell area.

I don't want to buy overpriced imported crap like I typically see at Havertys, Rooms to Go, American Signature, etc.

I want a solid wood table. Preferably finished but I wouldn't mind sanding and staining myself if the price is right.

2. Remove Ads

Check for any furniture manufacturers in your area, we bought a couple of things a few years back from one that were 2nds. After sanding and finishing, they looked fine.

Let me get this straight:

You want top buy a dining room table. But you don't want "imported crap." You would like solid wood as well.

Let me ask: Are you willing to PAY for what you are asking for?

What you are asking for is a custom dining room table. As such, it will cost a good deal more than the stuff at the furniture store. 2X-3X more at the very least.

I do custom woodwork as a hobby. For a simple dining room table (no chairs) as you describe (all solid wood) made to your specifications would cost at least $1500 for a simple French Country design in pine and paint. If you want more style or design elements the price goes up fast. Very very fast.

I'm just starting on a custom dining room set in a custom Craftsman Style in Red Oak and Jarrah. The table is only 66X42 w/ no extension. Solid wood, no veneers or inlays, no metal other than hold-down screws for the top. Price OTD for the TABLE only $3200. There are 4 chairs to go with the table. Custom design, custom upholstery, made to match the table - $800 EACH. Shipping is extra and it's done when it's done because its only a hobby for me.

These are my prices for California and I do a fair amount of business every year. A more local guy may charge you less.

If you'd rather do the work yourself, you can buy all the parts online as a kit. The wood grain & colors won't match perfectly but you get a solid wood table.

Sounds like a garage sale or estate sale kinda problem/solution. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I heard you can get a custom solid wood table from the Amish for about $1k.

I am getting tired of spending $500 for a crappy table that doesn't last.

+1 for the Amish table. Look to see if an Amish or Meninite community is close to you, they usually have lots of reasonably priced goods. Be careful, dressing quaint doesn't mean they aren't sophisticated.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

Links