Just pictures. - Page 3

Just pictures.

This is a discussion on Just pictures. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My camera doesn't have and auto HDR mode. I set it to AV mode (give the aperture priority) and usually take 5 pics with the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just pictures.

My camera doesn't have and auto HDR mode. I set it to AV mode (give the aperture priority) and usually take 5 pics with the EV set to -2,-1,0,1, and 2. Then I put them into a program called photomatix (or I also have Photoshop CS4). The puts all the pics together and then the fun begins. I have to go in and change the settings to get the pics to turn out like they do. After that I put them in either GIMP or Photoshop(whichever I'm feeling that day) and do some post processing. Usually to resize them for the internet I use Irfanview. That program seems to have best results at the lowest amount of effort.

One note I do use a tripod for these pics. And yes usually you have to have a still object. Or if you have a DSLR then you can use a single RAW image and change the EV in photoshop.

My camera is an older Canon S3IS. I have been using that camera for about 2 years. This year I will be upgrading to a Canon Rebel T1i. Hopefully. :)

Post processing can take quite a while. I redid the cabin picture to fix some haloing on the horizon. Total time on the pic including shooting post processing was about 2 hours, on one picture. Here is the final result.

Last edited by clipse; March 16th, 2010 at 05:35 PM.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Goodstuff! The old cabin/house/shack is my favorite. I am a jeep guy however. Your YJ is begging for a spring over and some 35's ...I could see it in it's eyes.

lol. I have a 2 1/2 year old and it is my daily driver. I will be doing a 2 1/2" lift with 31's. Maybe a 1 inch daystar body lift and some boomerang shackles. Yeah, I've got plans. :)
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Nice pictures, keep them coming!

I was hoping to get some decent sunrise pics. I work at a golf course and I have alot of good ideas for pictures. But, its have been very cloudy lately. Hopefully this coming weekend I can get out and get a few more. :) Depending of if something catches my eye or not, you may see more before then.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links