Not *quite* as cool as the tank, but close.

This is a discussion on Not *quite* as cool as the tank, but close. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I *did* enjoy the skeet-from-a-tank clip. However, it was a bit, well, overdone . This is far more discrete (wouldn't want to concern the neighbors, ...

Thread: Not *quite* as cool as the tank, but close.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

I *did* enjoy the skeet-from-a-tank clip. However, it was a bit, well, overdone. This is far more discrete (wouldn't want to concern the neighbors, after all), and there is some appeal to the rapid fire capability.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    There's just something about a grenade launcher that fires from the open bolt makes me pause.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

VIP Member
    The MK 19 is awesome!
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Getter done!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Administrator

Are Any Of You Looking For A Tank?

This was just in the news.
    There is some Government CYA BS in this story because local kids were playing inside the tanks which were supposedly still functional.

Big surprise as locals find tanks in Russian forest

Sat Feb 27, 2:11 am ET

MOSCOW (AFP) – Russians were amazed to discover dozens of T-80 battle tanks seemingly abandoned in a local forest, but army officials insisted there was nothing unusual about it.

The tanks -- nearly 100 in all -- were found near the Elanovskaya railroad station about 100 kilometres (60 miles) outside the Urals Mountains city of Yekaterinburg, the Kommersant daily reported on Saturday.

Their presence was revealed after a local news website posted a video of the tanks, covered in a deep layer of snow and resting peacefully between the railroad and the woods with no military personnel in sight.

"There are tanks all over the forest, abandoned.
    If you need one, come and get it," an unnamed person behind the camera says in the video posted on E1.ru, as the camera spins around to show dozens of unguarded tanks.

A spokesman for the Volga-Urals Military District, the branch of the Russian army which oversees the area, said the tanks were being transported to a storage site as part of a routine logistical operation.

"Work on their transport to the storage base is going according to plan. All the vehicles are under guard by military patrols consisting of officers and soldiers," the spokesman, Dmitry Burdakov, told Kommersant.

"It is entirely possible they could have been filmed on video. This is not a military secret, and placing a guard next to each vehicle is impossible."
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Okay Yuri I know we drank a lot of Vodka,but ask around and see if anybody remembers where we parked the tanks
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links