Concealed means concealed, my eye!

This is a discussion on Concealed means concealed, my eye! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am sick to my stomach. I was talking to a member of my church, whose husband passed away a few years ago. She had ...

Thread: Concealed means concealed, my eye!

Concealed means concealed, my eye!

I am sick to my stomach.

I was talking to a member of my church, whose husband passed away a few years ago. She had a stack of American Rifleman magazines on the desk at the office, and I asked her about them. She told me they were her husbandís. She then asked if I like them. I, of course, said Ďyes, and that I loved shooting.í Then she wanted to know if I wanted 40 years worth of American Rifleman. She also told me that she wished she had known. She just gave away her husbandís extensive gun collection 2 years ago.

Now, I canít work. I canít eat. And Iím still not done crying.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I am sorry for your loss.

This is why I sat my dad down and made darn sure that his guns went to me in his will. I've also dropped hints to my gun-collecting uncle who doesn't have any kids.

I will do the same for mine. Right now it all goes to my son, but if he doesn't show an interest, I'll make sure that they all go to someone who will.

Distinguished Member
    Awww that's too bad.

Ours are listed specifically in the will docs, as there are some family heirlooms there. Along with cookware - that is a sentimental spot for me as well.

will do the same for mine. Right now it all goes to my son, but if he doesn't show an interest, I'll make sure that they all go to someone who will.

If you need a voluteer, I am available! <grin>
    NRA Life Member
    Indiana Lifetime permit holder
    USCCA member

cmb
    I too have already acquired some heirlooms pieces and a few I just liked. I will see they are passed on securely!

Dang! Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Someone was a lucky son of a gun.

Bet that was like a when she told ya that hugh.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Ė Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Ė Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    It can't be helped. Don't beat yourself up over it

go clean some guns of you own, maybe some range time to sooth the pain.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

All of mine have already been promised to their future owners.

Hell, ...I'm taking mine with me!!!
    What's this button do?

I guess there is something to be said about open carry!! Enjoy the magazines.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I feel your pain,in a different way. My long departed mom was talked out of my dad's guns by my half brother. Python .357 that only had about 30 rounds though it,bought new by my dad. Mid 1960's/ 30-30,etc. If you want someone to have something after you pass on, appoint an attorney as executor,NOT a family member or relative.

I'm shopping for a funeral home that has a hearse with a trailer hitch so I can take my stuff with me,Sumpin tells me I might need em
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

it does hurt to hear

When my grandfather passed his rifles (only two) came home to our house because he knew they would be taken care of and used.

As for my other grandfather, there is a list on the door of the safe. As for the family members being an issue they won't be. For some reason t seems Only granddad my father and I are the ones with the "touch" for the safe dial.

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I am sick to my stomach.

I was talking to a member of my church, whose husband passed away a few years ago. She had a stack of American Rifleman magazines on the desk at the office, and I asked her about them. She told me they were her husbandís. She then asked if I like them. I, of course, said Ďyes, and that I loved shooting.í Then she wanted to know if I wanted 40 years worth of American Rifleman. She also told me that she wished she had known. She just gave away her husbandís extensive gun collection 2 years ago.

Now, I canít work. I canít eat. And Iím still not done crying.
    OUCH!

Sounds familiar. My dad passed a few years ago, yes I retained his firearms and parafanilia. But I'm afraid I will find the multi decade collection of Guns and Ammo and American Rifleman magazines one of these days...

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Links