Made another ccw tonight.

This is a discussion on Made another ccw tonight. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was in the Steak n Shake in frankfort Ky tonight when a middle age couple with 2 kids sat the booth across the aisle ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made another ccw tonight.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar

Made another ccw tonight.

I was in the Steak n Shake in frankfort Ky tonight when a middle age couple with 2 kids sat the booth across the aisle from me. The first thing I noticed was him keeping an eye on everyone in the resturant as he and his family came in. Then he took the rear most seat where he could see most of the patrons and the entrance. Then when he sat down he adjusted something on his right side. He was printing a tiny bit once I knew to look for it. It looked to be about the size of a ppk or slightly smaller in a IWB rig. I also noticed he had a knife clipped to the inside of the right pocket. Definately not a sheep.
    I kept trying to think of a good way to strike up a conversation with the guy in such a way that would not make me look like a nut if I were wrong, and finally just decided to keep quiet.

I am also pleased to report he seemed to have some very well behaved kids. It is nice to see someone else taking responsibility for their family, and themselves.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    you should have used the double secret handshake.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I ate a double steak burger... does that count?

Only if you belch twice.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I was probably made today. But that was only because the Wyoming wind blew my shirt almost over my head. There was no hiding it. I didn't hear any screams or BA-A-A-As, so I guess it's ok in Wyoming.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Isn't open carry legal in KY anyways?

After visiting the local movie theater tonight and seeing the packs of unparented behaviorly retarded kids, the comment about the man's well-behaved children is encouraging to me.

Seriously, there was one "individual" getting booked in front of the theater, and then 15 minutes later, I went into the lobby for popcorn and a girl was literally getting thrown out by a police officer.

Yeah, carrying is good, and so is spanking your kids.
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaltered

After visiting the local movie theater tonight and seeing the packs of unparented behaviorly retarded kids, the comment about the man's well-behaved children is encouraging to me.

Seriously, there was one "individual" getting booked in front of the theater, and then 15 minutes later, I went into the lobby for popcorn and a girl was literally getting thrown out by a police officer.

Yeah, carrying is good, and so is spanking your kids.

There should be allowance for a small squirt of OC for misbehaving teens like these. Just a little squirt, would likely work better than a spanking.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Assistant Administrator
    Interesting eh Bryan - that first ''sign'' of alertness and where a guy sits Sorta dead giveaway - just to us of course.

Even better re nicely behaved kids - good to know there are a few up and coming responsible citizens in the pipeline - I sometimes tend to despair!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaltered
    In theory yes. However Ky has a pretty vague interpretation of "brandishing". It also gives the anti's and bg's (one and the same imho) too much info. If an upset anti wanted to do you a great deal of harm, all they would have to do is look at your weapon, and then call 911 and tell the police that you were waving it around, or you threatened to use it on them. I won't do it.

I was kinda amused when I realized the only reason that I ever saw him is that he and I chose to sit in the same portion of the resturant, facing the same way, for the same reasons. Kinda wonder if he is a member of this board. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    you should have used the double secret handshake.
    thanks for making me drop my laptop!

Administrator

Thumbs up

You said: "Then he took the rear most seat where he could see most of the patrons and the entrance."

Keen Eye Good Samaritan!...but, why was he able to sit down in the seat that should have already been taken by you?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

There were two booths in that section. I had one he had the other.

Administrator
    OK then...All you need to do is learn the secret handshake & you're good to go!

You'll also need to buy one of these shirts.

VIP Member
    GoodSam, to meet the guy you just walk up to the table and congratulate him on not being sheeple then ask if he is a member of the CC forum. You and he will be on the same wave length almost instantly.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links