Firefighter arrested in Burtle farmer death investigation

This is a discussion on Firefighter arrested in Burtle farmer death investigation within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How far are these Dumbells going to go down the slippery slope, in Jolly Ole' England? Just like the title reads This is just plain ...

Thread: Firefighter arrested in Burtle farmer death investigation

VIP Member

Firefighter arrested in Burtle farmer death investigation

How far are these Dumbells going to go down the slippery slope, in Jolly Ole' England?

Just like the title reads

This is just plain ludacris
    Heres the link;

Firefighter arrested in Burtle farmer death investigation (From Bridgwater Mercury)

England,

I got no use for this!!!
    Terry Radzwion
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

I don't even know how to respond to that. What on Earth are the Firefighters supposed to do, sneak up on the fire?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

"After the tragedy, Mr Lee's son Andrew said the family believed the accident might have been avoided had the fire crew waited until the cows were safely herded off the road before proceeding."

how about this idea...
    the accident might have been avoided had the cows been in the field and not on the road.

farmers fault.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

This is absolutely unbelievable...is there a legislator in England who DOESN'T have his head up his posterior?
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; March 7th, 2010 at 01:55 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Whatever their drinking over there is making them coocoo for coco puffs
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Crazy.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

After the tragedy, Mr Lee's son Andrew said the family believed the accident might have been avoided had the fire crew waited until the cows were safely herded off the road before proceeding.

How stupid are they really? Someones could be trapped in a burning building and they want them to wait ''till the cows come home''. Then when someone dies in a fire because they waited for the cows to cross they would be arrested for negligent homicide also. Stupid, stupid, stupid!
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I'm Speechless.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Believe it or not in england when they move livestock from one field to another they just herd them down the road,you never know what your gonna run into around a curve
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    and you only thought it could happen in America!

Man sues McDonalds over Coffee being Hot and wins
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I'm trying to see it from hteir point of view but I can't get my head up my butt far enough
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

I don't know about Great Brittan but the USA is a "Fence in" country. You have to have a fence around your live stock and if they get out you are liable for what ever they do.
    Cows can break water mains just by walking around looking for a clump of clover. That is why we have insurance on them dumb sum beetches.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    I'm trying to see it from hteir point of view but I can't get my head up my butt far enough
    ^^^^that^^^^
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Believe it or not in england when they move livestock from one field to another they just herd them down the road,you never know what your gonna run into around a curve
    Not just in England. Where I grew up, the county put through many un-needed roads through farms using eminent domain. Some of these roads split farms in two pieces. Farms that had been working farms for 200 years. All of a sudden, the pasture was across the road from the milking barn. The answer, open the gate and cross the cows. It was fairly common.

Now this incident in England was an accident, nothing more. We don't know the situation as to why the cows were on the road. But there is nothing wrong with simply having your cows on the road. It is fairly common in places in this country.

But the firefighter shouldn't be held liable for this incident.

Links