Update on GA move.....it's OFF. - Page 2

Update on GA move.....it's OFF.

This is a discussion on Update on GA move.....it's OFF. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think the biggest argument against the Atlanta job is not that your would-be boss is a crook, but an idiot. I mean, jumping the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I think the biggest argument against the Atlanta job is not that your would-be boss is a crook, but an idiot. I mean, jumping the gun on screwing you over when you still had a chance to back out is just moronic, and who wants to work for a moron?
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Glad you figured it out in time to get your job back...good luck
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Glad you figured it out in time to get your job back...good luck
    Yes! Good you found out first!

Sorry for your troubles but glad you came out okay!
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

VIP Member
    + 1 on before too late.

Glad you are still on your feet.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Congrats, Mike. You're clearly a class act, and your (almost)former employer appreciates it. A good lesson for all to never burn bridges.
    That is one thing I would pass on to anyone who wants to listen. NEVER BURN BRIDGES. I never burn a bridge. No matter what happens, no matter how screwed over you feel you were, just take the high road. You never know when you may need to seek employment from someone you would rather not work for in the future.

I have always done business this way. This was just the first instance of it really paying off for me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have always done business this way. This was just the first instance of it really paying off for me.
    Congrats, and keep it up. It always pays off!

I'm happy for you that given the treatment it worked out to stay.

A tip I haven't read here yet that has saved me many times. I try to always "close the loop" on negotiations where commitments are made by first re-stating commitments just before the meeting adjourns followed by sending correspondence to them specifying what each of us agreed to in the meeting.

As a project manager, you'd be surprised how often a sub-contractor tries to deny commitments made only a week before.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Hindsight learned through experience - get the ENTIRE deal in writing BEFORE making any decisions. Sure am sorry you had to learn it the hard way too.

Good luck with the new/old job!
    Ditto! - Good Luck!

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Hey Mike, sorry things didn't work out the way you thought it would, but glad you were able to keep your old job.

We still need to meet up at Range USA and sling some lead.
    Proud NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    That is one thing I would pass on to anyone who wants to listen. NEVER BURN BRIDGES. I never burn a bridge. No matter what happens, no matter how screwed over you feel you were, just take the high road. You never know when you may need to seek employment from someone you would rather not work for in the future.

Excellent advice, excellent attitude, and I totally agree/follow the same.

Everyone has their own bridges, so when you burn one it's yours. The only person that will ever need your bridge, that you burned, again is you.

I've a feeling there is a long trail of smoke behind that tool of a supervisor you almost went to work for.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    ...In the process of talking and explaining that these things contradicted what I had been promised before, He told me flat out that I was wrong and that he had never said those things. In fact, he did, and said them to me, looking me in the eye.
    Another good reason for a digital voice recorder, where legal. Imagine the effect of immediately playing the guy a recording of what he actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    ...FWIW, $3K is a pittance for relocation
    Absolutely! When I transferred here from Oklahoma in 1982 the moving allowance was a maximum of $6000, and that from a tight-fisted company too.

Good to hear you survived the experience intact, TN_Mike! My general impression of OC in Georgia vs OC in Tennessee makes me think you are better of in Tennessee, at least in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Hey Mike, sorry things didn't work out the way you thought it would, but glad you were able to keep your old job.

We still need to meet up at Range USA and sling some lead.
    Agreed Orange! We do surely need to get together. Any chance you might make it to the next TFA meeting there?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Very sage advice. My dad always says "be careful how you treat people on your way up, because you're going to need them on your way down."

Glad everything worked out OK---what a close call. Hopefully you weren't too far into the real estate transactions and can reverse them just as easily.

I'm wondering if the Atlanta guys will call you back offering to meet your terms. At this point I'd say no and stick with your old boss who has your 6 covered.
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

Sounds like a blessing in disguise. The jerk that was to be your new boss sounds like a real POS. Better to have found out on the front end of that deal for sure. Once the move was made, it would've been a nerve racking ordeal no matter the outcome.

Good luck to ya.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links