vBulletin Upgrade

This is a discussion on vBulletin Upgrade within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I upgraded the forum to the new vBulletin script, which has been out for some time. It had several bug and security changes. You should ...

Thread: vBulletin Upgrade

DC Founder

vBulletin Upgrade

I upgraded the forum to the new vBulletin script, which has been out for some time. It had several bug and security changes. You should notice no changes but one. During the install, the "portal" front end broke, which was somewhat expected and I have decided to let it remain dead. In it's place I have added an entry page describing, briefly, what we are about and reminding members of the rules. It was put in place pretty quickly, so you can expect some minor revisions to it over the next several days and weeks.

The other scripts not a part of the forum script, the Links and the Gallery remain, as always.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

Bumper, the new front page was very well done. However, I like the other frontend better. Just my thoughts.
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by kansas_shooter
    Bumper, the new front page was very well done. However, I like the other frontend better. Just my thoughts.
    I understand, but with the number of vBulletin upgrades and patches that come out, it takes a couple of hours to get the old front end working every time. It has caused me to procrastinate on upgrades which is something I shouldn't do....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Thanks for the time and effort Bumper. We do appreciate it.

Links