Lost Post or ???

This is a discussion on Lost Post or ??? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hey Mods, I was checking on some threads that I responded to, and noticed one of the responses that I posted had disappeared. I remember ...

Thread: Lost Post or ???

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar

Lost Post or ???

Hey Mods, I was checking on some threads that I responded to, and noticed one of the responses that I posted had disappeared. I remember it actually showing up, and then I edited it, so it definitely existed at one point in time. No big deal to me, the only thing I was worried about was if I had said something too far out and it got deleted (don't want to get a bad rep). It was in the "Off topic & humor" in response to one of the immigrant legislation discussion.

Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    AutoFan,

If we make a post disappear you will get a private message letting you know why. At the very least a note in place of the post in the case of something going downhill with a bunch of posts. We try not to ever just go through and delete stuff without letting someone know why because then how will they know not to do it again?

Bumper, the owner, did some maintenance and upgrading yesterday. Depending on when your post hit relative to his back-up and take down it could possibly have been lost. Bumper will likely be able to address it when he sees this post a bit later.

Regards,
    -Scott-

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I figured it might be something like that, but the note or PM might have gotten zapped as well. Thanks for the reply.

DC Founder
    Scott's explanation very well could have been whhat happened. I don't remember exactly what time I did it but I shut down the databases and did an upgrade to the site. I didn't delete any posts yesterday, although one of the moderators may have and had their PM blocked by my maintenance. At least it's possible. Don't worry, however, if you would have really "gone too far" you probably would have gotten several PMs by now....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links