acparmed, Bob - our friend is very sick. - Page 5

acparmed, Bob - our friend is very sick.

This is a discussion on acparmed, Bob - our friend is very sick. within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by QKShooter HOPEFULLY.....With all the members that we have on our forum here we can get enough cards mailed down to him that ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    HOPEFULLY.....With all the members that we have on our forum here we can get enough cards mailed down to him that his nurses & doctors will think that he is a famous movie actor.
    Mine's on the way, but I wanted to add a short note, for those who may not know.

Most ICUs do not permit flowers, and many do not permit balloons either.

Cards are the best bet, and the more the merrier!

Matt

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Thanks for the notice and contact info, Chris...
    I'm sure all our prayers and best wishes for a full recovery are headed Bob's way. Let's not forget his family as well.
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

VIP Member
    Prayers for a full and speedy recovery, Bob!

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    my card went out today. Is he still at the address at the beginning of this thread? I hopeso.
    Bob, you are in our prayers.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Just saw this. Seems I neglected to check in on Friday and I rarely check in on the weekends.

I'll get a card out today.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    I put a card in the mail Saturday, Hope Bob can read it fine, I have to side with Chris. My scribbles have often had me accused of being a Dr.

again,

Best wishes on a speedy recovery, and our prayers to you Bob.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

1943 - 2009
    Coming in late to this thread, sorry to hear about this.

Bob, from one RVN vet to another, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'll get a card in the mail today.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Bob's condition as of today

Hello all,

I spent a couple of hours with Bob today, and am happy to report he is fighting back!

I arrived just before noon and found him asleep, but was told to wake him because he was expecting me. His smile is still bright, his grip firm and as he put it...Patch..."I'm on a mission to beat this thing and if cancer is looking for a victim, I ain't the one."

After talking for a short time, his Physical Therapist stopped in and with her managing his chest tubes, etc. and me wheeling the oxygen bottle, Bob stood momentarily beside his bed and then we were off. He was flashing the thumbs up to all he passed and gave a "hooah" to anyone inquiring about how he was feeling.

He did a complete lap of the ward, then remained standing to flex and extend his legs, knees, etc. before returning to his room.

He is scheduled for a procedure on tomorrow and hopefully will have his chest tubes removed which will allow him to breathe easier.

When asked if he needed anything, he only asks that his friends continue to pray for him and he says that he expects to be shooting competitively and teaching soon.

Assistant Administrator
    Many thx for that update - I will speak to him again very soon but maybe now wait a day as you have seen him and reported.

Great to hear the fighting spirit is alive and well - I know from what he has told me he has had numerous crises over the years and so is meeting this one head on.

Hopefully he will have a sack of mail turning up soon
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Coming in late here, writing the card now.

Bob, we will be praying for your recovery. We are, after all, your extended family, and proud to be so.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

EJ:
    Many thanks for the update on Bob's condition, glad to hear the ol' soldier's still got the fighting spirit in him. Hopefully, he's receiving sackloads of get well cards by now and is well aware we're all behind him.
    Jack

Assistant Administrator
    Just got off the phone again with Bob - he is in excellent spirits which is great to hear. Chest tubes are now out and he is feeling much less incumbered.

Bit later today he goes to get first radiation zapping for the cranial lesions - and that then will be a regular deal 5 days a week for a while. Won't be long either before the chemo gets started for the lung - he is well psyched up for the ''bald bit''

Looks like all being well he'll be out and back home end of week and so with luck we'll see him on line around next weekend or so. Treatments then will follow on an ''out-patient'' basis.

Hey this is funny (and expected I guess) - mail came up to him - eight cards at first (and I know there are plenty more en route) - the staff said ''who ARE you?'' - haha - celebrity status!! Same applied with phone calls - I think around 30 a day LOL!

This is all most encouraging and I'll hope for another chat late in week and we can look fwd to ''seeing'' him back here.

God Bless you Bob
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thanks Chris, sounds like he's got the right attitude to deal with this. Hopefully getting back home will help as well.
    Jack

OD*
    Amen, Jack.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

DC Founder
    Thanks for the updates, guys. I will give him another call as soon as I receive the book he recommended and encouraged me to read. For him, I'll take the time to do it. Wishing you the best, Bob!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links