acparmed, Bob - our friend is very sick.

This is a discussion on acparmed, Bob - our friend is very sick. within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by P95Carry Just got off the phone again with Bob - he is in excellent spirits which is great to hear. Chest tubes ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: acparmed, Bob - our friend is very sick.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Just got off the phone again with Bob - he is in excellent spirits which is great to hear. Chest tubes are now out and he is feeling much less incumbered.

Bit later today he goes to get first radiation zapping for the cranial lesions - and that then will be a regular deal 5 days a week for a while. Won't be long either before the chemo gets started for the lung - he is well psyched up for the ''bald bit''
    Hey this is funny (and expected I guess) - mail came up to him - eight cards at first (and I know there are plenty more en route) - the staff said ''who ARE you?'' - haha - celebrity status!! Same applied with phone calls - I think around 30 a day LOL!

Chris, Thanks

Great news, and best of luck to Bob on his upcoming treatments. Sounds like he will have a near full time job, wether he wanted one or not.

Hey, we can't be held liable if the Mail Man has a heart attach delivering all the cards and ends up in the bed next to Bob, can we. I guess at least then Bob could share some of the cards with him.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

2. Remove Ads

I too hope for a speedy recovery, Bob. You will be in my thoughts.

Our Lord still heals and miracles still happen. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his loved ones. Card will be sent.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Bob get well soon!
    Your posts are always great, your expertise and knowledge is appreciated, and insight is always interesting.
    Last edited by fitznig; June 9th, 2006 at 01:51 AM.

Glad things are looking up for him...nice of you folks to use the power of this forum to raise his spirits.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Assistant Administrator
    No major update but did try to catch Bob a while ago at the hospital. Seems he has been discharged from there now so hoping he will be back here when he can manage.

Tried him at home but he was not there. Hope to 'see' you soon Bob.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Good deal. Glad to hear he has recovered sufficiently to return home and resume his normal life.

I dont know who he is, but its always good to hear when someone who is very sick gets better.

Crack a cold one for me when you feel up to it :)

DC Founder
    I guess I should have got caught up on the forum first. I also just called him to find him discharged. Hopefully we will see him here again soon.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Assistant Administrator
    One more update - well minor one.

Got to chat with Bob just now from home. He is needless to say feeling great at being home but - guess what - Hptl sent him out with no pain med's - and so he had a real crappy near sleepless night last night - not so good and therefore he is feeling pretty washed out today.

However - he has some med's again now which I hope will make for a better night.

Bob reckons, give him a coupla days to get sorted out a bit and he'll drop back in to say Hi.

He has had I think he said 25 cards and I suspect a few more may be in pipeline. Well done guys - I can hardly tell you how much this has meant to him - really. The support from his CC family has been invaluable.

Hopefully then soon - Bob will himself be dropping by.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    Thanks, Chris. I'm glad to see that they have him properly medded now. I, too, thank all of you that responded by sending cards. I think all of the staff here appreciate it almost as much as Bob did. We'll look forward to Bob being back!
    Bumper

Question Another Address?

One more update - well minor one.

Got to chat with Bob just now from home. He is needless to say feeling great at being home but - guess what - Hptl sent him out with no pain med's - and so he had a real crappy near sleepless night last night - not so good and therefore he is feeling pretty washed out today.

However - he has some med's again now which I hope will make for a better night.

Bob reckons, give him a coupla days to get sorted out a bit and he'll drop back in to say Hi.

He has had I think he said 25 cards and I suspect a few more may be in pipeline. Well done guys - I can hardly tell you how much this has meant to him - really. The support from his CC family has been invaluable.

Hopefully then soon - Bob will himself be dropping by.
    Chris....is there another address to which we can send cards besides the hospital where he no longer resides?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Well I'm glad that he is feeling much better and they let him go home to some real rest and real food. lol...

I just wonder how many times he will have to go back to the hospital just to retrieve all of his mail.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    Chris....is there another address to which we can send cards besides the hospital where he no longer resides?
    Hang tight, Ex, we'll see if we can get one for you soon....
    Bumper

Unbelievable that hospitals/doctors neglect to deal with pain management at discharge but unfortunately it happens all too often. Glad he's got the meds situation sorted out and can now hopefully get some decent rest.

Bob, when you're up to it give us a yell and let us know how you're fairing - also if there's anything you need. Hang in there but let us know if you need any help. Continued prayers for your health and recovery.
    Jack

Bob, You're in my prayers

A salute from one retired Air Force member to another. Hope you're feeling better and that the doctors have your health problems under control. Hang in there, Dude, you can beat this thing.

MSgt Rick Nelting, USAF, Ret.
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links