Amazing

Amazing

This is a discussion on Amazing within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Members here at CC: 3,975. Most users ever online was 517. XDTALK has over 10,000 members. Most users ever online is 122 but this was ...

Thread: Amazing

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar

Amazing

Members here at CC: 3,975.

Most users ever online was 517.

XDTALK has over 10,000 members. Most users ever online is 122 but this was done by a bunch of college kids who got online to watch one of Overkills (very cool guy) home made shooting video.

Proves to me this is a much more active forum. Combat carry really does make better pizza.

I'll still stop back on occasion and visit my old forum. There are some pretty cool people there.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    well invite the cool ones over , just leave the tards and keyboard commandos there lol
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

too many numbers, my head is going to blowup. go to the range, shoot your gun, have fun. take your family, better fun.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by one eyed fatman
    Combat carry really does make better pizza.
    Our secret is.......... We DON'T deliver!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

CC is is a great place to visit.

XDTALK has over 10,000 members. Most users ever online is 122 but this was done by a bunch of college kids who got online to watch one of Overkills (very cool guy) home made shooting video.

Proves to me this is a much more active forum. Combat carry really does make better pizza.

I'll still stop back on occasion and visit my old forum. There are some pretty cool people there.

I don't visit there as often as I once did either.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    well invite the cool ones over , just leave the tards and keyboard commandos there lol
    Deal.

Administrator
    We want EVEN MORE active users.

I read some of the personal profiles of some of our members and their lives sound so interesting & you KNOW they have some good stories to tell & life experiences to share but, never post. I sure wish that they would.

This is one of the most active boards I've seen. Really good people and advice too. I hope this place stays this great, Im sure it will.

VIP Member
    As of 30 seconds ago (10:49 CDT) there were 151 people on CC. 100 members and 51 visitors. When I joined in February the usual numbers were like 75 and 25. I keep hoping to see in excess of 200 total. We are edging toward it. Obviously something good is going on here.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    I do think we see more guests George - and maybe some more of those will feel empowered to join as members and take part.

I think we have to remember that, as many members say - there are a good number who spend way more time reading than posting - so the interest is there anyways.

If we still pass on the good word then that in itself is good.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

What I really like about this forum is that the mod's don't seem to be selling products here. Your here for the forum.

DC Founder

Well, we are growing, no doubt about it. Lately registrations have been through the roof. The large numbers of members on some of the forums are simply because of they have been around longer. Over time we will hit 10,000, but if you look at the statistics up in the Members List, some have not been here in quite a long time. People just seem to come and go in cycles for some reason that I don't understand. I think some simply burn themseleves out reading and posting, others get complaints from a spouse that they are spending too much time here (I'm guessing on this one). I do, however, believe our "active members" vs "members" is pretty good. We are in a smaller niche than forums that focus on those that carry certain guns.

Be aware, too, that there are ways to artificially inflate forum statistics so a relatively new forum looks more active than it really is. A look at the post and thread counts should tell if they may be using that little feature. Since we don't have banner advertising, sponsors, etc (nor do I plan on it) we don't have to resort to using these tools, but were I to look at this as a business, they might be helpful if it were not dishonest. CombatCarry just is what it is and I am satisified with how it is turning out.

And, while I wish I could say that we actually had 517 members on at one time, we didn't. About a year ago, late one night we were absolutely attacked by the search engine bots that drove that number up. If I remember correctly, about 300 of those hits were them frantically searching through the site. I have since restricted the number of bots that can be active here at any one time. For some reason, they absolutely love us!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Sponsored Links