Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Complaints

2K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  Bumper 
#1 ·
Come on guys, I can take it! There\'s got to be something that you don\'t like about the board. Objective criticism is a good thing ;)

#3 ·
Since most of us are new we probably need a bit more time to find the things we don\'t necessarily like.

I\'m home recovering from surgery, so I\'m spending a bit of time here as I\'m sure no one has noticed. ;) No worries that will change after the holidays when I go back to work. So the reprieve is in sight.:D

Oh there\'s one. More smilies. If you want I have a bunch I can send you. Or I can send you the link and you can pick what you would like. I won\'t put it here because I\'d rather not have everyone linking to my site pulling smilies.;)

#4 ·
Greetings. New here but enjoying everything so far.

One minor complaint I have (if it can be called that) is the pages don\'t necessarily play quite nice with the Mozilla Firefox browser. I find that it doesn\'t keep my place when I go back a page.

For example. If I log into the main page, scroll down to, let\'s say the Legal and Political section, when I\'m done reading in there and hit \"Back\" it takes me to the top of the main page. Happens also on the listing of the threads.

Not a major problem, but a minor annoyance to work around.

Be that as it may, appreciate the time and effort that the admin/mods put into running this board. Thank you.

EDIT: Another thought, a link to hit a search on posts that are new since my last visit would be kind of nice as well.

#5 ·
YCI:

Thanks for your comments and welcome to the forum.

Since the software is \"off the shelf\" rather than developed by us, I am afraid I can\'t do much about it\'s compatibility with Mozilla. I am planning an upgrade over the next few weeks that *may* fix that somewhat. I will have to leave it to you to fill me in after the upgrade. There is a link near the top, on the left side, that has a link for today\'s posts. See if that works for you.

#6 ·
Bumper -

Appreciate the response.

No worries, I figured it was something I\'d just have to work around. Like I say, minor annoyance but not enough to prevent me from coming and reading :D Besides, already found a way to do what I want by opening new windows.

As to the \"Today\'s Posts\", unfortunately that only shows today\'s posts, not the ones since the last time I logged in. Again, not a big deal, just wanted to mention it.

#7 ·
Believe me, I hear you. I feel it is my responsibility to read every post and it would be very handy to have a link to find all of the posts I had not visited yet.

#8 ·
Wow Bumper, with every post I make today there are more smilies. Awesome. :eek:k: <-- This one isn\'t working yet though.

You have great customer service. You are a troll killing, forum pruning admin, who evidently requires less sleep than I do.:bowdown::cool:

#9 ·
LOL, thanks, Scott. I have to admit, it is starting to get to me. With the website being new (newly found, actually) and getting so many new members I feel it\'s important to be here as much as I can. Once I get it squared away somewhat I hope taking care of it will be a little easier.

I have had a lot of requests for more smilies so there\'s more coming

The :kay: is working now :yes:

#11 ·
Originally posted by Zach S
I think there needs to be a size limit on avatars. 250x250 is freakin huge for an AV.
I agree and have found it hard to believe that XMB does not give me the ability to restrict avatar sizes. I am hoping that feature is built into the new version being installed in a couple of weeks.

#20 ·
Hey Bumper

This is a REALLY nice site. Bumper...you done good!
Actually, I like the ability to use a slightly larger avatar than the usual, standard, \"little tiny micro box\"
SO...the avatar size limit should be set at whatever width MINE is. :D

#21 ·
Originally posted by SGeringer
Maybe I\'m missing it, but there should be a link to \"mark all forums read\" thereby turning off new post indicators.
I agree but unfortunately, in this release, that isn\'t built in. I am hoping the new version will have it. You should be the administrator trying to go through here without that feature. :(

#23 ·
Originally posted by QKShooter
This is a REALLY nice site. Bumper...you done good!
Actually, I like the ability to use a slightly larger avatar than the usual, standard, \"little tiny micro box\"
SO...the avatar size limit should be set at whatever width MINE is. :D
Thanks, QKShooter, I\'m glad ya like it :kay:

#24 ·
Bumper, I lvoe this site as you can tell by the way I parked my arse in teh corner and have been posting as such.

I just notied something, if you click today\'s posts and today is 12/27 is says last post was on 12/23. Is there an internal clock that is stuck or something???

~A

#25 ·
Bumper I figured it out, I never set my clock in my profile...:(

#26 ·
Not a complaint, per se, just a pet peeve.

I wish more members would list their State of residence, or at least the region of the country they are from.

Not trying to invade anyone\'s right to privacy. Just my $.02 worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.