This Needs To Be Said!

This is a discussion on This Needs To Be Said! within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I originally posted this on a different thread and it was off topic, so I copied it here. I really feel Bumper and the moderators ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Needs To Be Said!

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar

This Needs To Be Said!

I originally posted this on a different thread and it was off topic, so I copied it here. I really feel Bumper and the moderators need to hear this......

Man, what a great forum. Bumper, you should be proud. we talk about holsters and guys like Gary and Kevin respond. we talk about ccw issues and laws and Gary Slider responds. ussca, and tim responds.
    I think you need an NRA category and pretty soon wayne, mark keefe, or sandra froman, will start to respond! or maybe we could make a presidential Forum category....talk to W himself, woudn't that be nice!!!!!!!
    everyone is on combat carry these days, it is the place to be for CC.
    On a slightly more serious note, some forum are polluted with people looking to argue and cause trouble. They "get angry" and call people names or 'yell' through their keyboard. I really appreciate the fact that none of that happens here. It is a very comfortable and inviting forum that people feel at ease to read and post at. I feel it truly represents the thoughts and beliefs of the ccw person and lifestyle. I would not be surprised to see people of 'rank' in the NRA or other large groups on here to discuss issues, as IMO this is THE forum to do so.
    Thanks to Bumper and all the moderators.
    I know this may be off topic, do what needs to be done, but I thought it needed to be said....somewhere.
    ....at least think about the presidential room, I will moderate
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

2. Remove Ads

Well, snowdoc, you may be off topic, but I'll join you. They'll just have to punish us all!

This is a fantastic group, and Bumper and all of the Moderators deserve a big "Thank You" and "Well Done"!

And - the Members too!

Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor
    On a slightly more serious note, some forum are polluted with people looking to argue and cause trouble. They "get angry" and call people names or 'yell' through their keyboard. I really appreciate the fact that none of that happens here.

This is because of the Terminator. I'm sure you've met him. He walks around calling himself Bud White, but we all know who he really is. He lays the smack down.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Lead Moderator
    In the Moderator's room there are three bowls, one with white pebbles one with black, the third empty. When we see something questionable we each put a pebble in the empty bowl.

Beware the black pebbles!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Well said, snowdoctor.

I'd love to see an NRA room, but I'm afraid most of the people here are a lot more conservative than the NRA is. Imagine that, a place where the NRA is almost "liberal"...
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    This post is right on...I was about to post something similiar.
    Fear No Evil.

This is because of the Terminator......Bud White, but we all know who he really is. He lays the smack down.

Imagine that, a place where the NRA is almost "liberal"...

Beware the black pebbles!!
    Our kind of place! A Good place!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I concur with the OP completely about the quality of this forum and the management here!

However, I can tell you from personal experience that the job of Moderator is much like "herding cats" and if it weren't for the wonderful folks that are the members of CC, the forum could never be this good. So give yourselves a pat on the back too!

Distinguished Member
    very well said, I agree, this is a great forum!
    RKBA

John

+1 to all comments!

Well said! I've found that I pretty much just stay right here anymore. I've become tired of the fighting and posturing elsewhere. Here, I get information -- good information -- from people who know what they are talking about. Alternate views are backed up with observations and insights.
    I thank our moderators very much for the atmosphere here!

Thumbs up

On a slightly more serious note, some forum are polluted with people looking to argue and cause trouble. They "get angry" and call people names or 'yell' through their keyboard. I really appreciate the fact that none of that happens here. It is a very comfortable and inviting forum that people feel at ease to read and post at.
    That's what keeps me coming back. Easy to find an argument, tough to find a relaxing place full of good people and good information.

Well done!

VIP Member
    I just have to add my .02 cents...

I know the Owner(s) and moderators work hard and I do appreciate them!

I'd like to say that the individual members deserve a pat on the back as well. What a great bunch of folks!

Thank you all, Frank
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper
    I'd like to say that the individual members deserve a pat on the back as well. What a great bunch of folks!
    I absolutely agree with you, Thumper. Without our members support, we would not be able to "keep the peace".
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

All -
    I'm pretty much 100% in-line with what's already been said. I've noticed that I'm not frequenting some of the other forums as much because of the very thing that really is lacking here - aggressive chest-thumping and narrow-minded cluelessnes.

I'm a guy that's trying to start his own business and break into the "industry" so a lot of my internet time is spent researching and meeting/talking to people in forums...and I haven't been overly impressed with too many of them out there.
    I like to learn what I can and share what I know in a productive way. I'm all about checking the egos at the door because an ego has no place in a learning environment - and I've got a decent amount of my own real-world experience, unlike some personalities we all run into in _other_ places who just don't "get it"...

FWIW, this place is pretty much where I've decided to settle in because of the quality of the members and the overall intelligence level of the posting (yes, even Redneck Repairs )

Thanks Mods for running such a quality site and keeping the backyard clean.

I'm glad someone finally started this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links