Thanks for being here

This is a discussion on Thanks for being here within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Since June 29th, I have been laid up with a right broken leg (thats 2 bones) called a spiral crush. I have 1 brace and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for being here

Unhappy Thanks for being here

Since June 29th, I have been laid up with a right broken leg (thats 2 bones) called a spiral crush. I have 1 brace and 10 screws attached which almost qualifies me to be the bionic man.
    Ol' saw bones says that I'll be out of commission about 4 months with this type of injury. No money coming in, have not been working, no disability yet and I'm constantly worried about the money issue.
    This is the reason you folks hear alot from me lately. Ya'll are keeping me sane. I try to give good advice and conversation and to not be a smartass and hi-jack a thread, but if I seem kinda off, please forgive me.
    The pain,(not only from my leg but the cast rubbing my big corn on my lil' toe hurts almost as bad) and the vicoden doesn't seem to work. I may resort to knawing on a piece of oak for relief.
    I just have to face it one day at a time.
    God bless you all... Arthur

2. Remove Ads

Good luck, Arthur. Hang in there.

-James

Thats to bad how did ya break it ?

Lead Moderator
    hope ya recover fully. I was in a similar situation last year. No money coming in, no prospects for full time work.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Heal fast, Arthur. I've always enjoyed your posts and learned much from them. If I was in your position, I'd probably be the crankiest man in my county! Some say I am anyways but let's not go there! You're in my prayers, so keep a positive outlook. You have many friends here!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Assistant Administrator
    Art - you should have told us sooner about this - it has to be far from pleasant and I can imagine well enough to drive you nuts at times.

Just accept as we tell others - you are with a ''family'' when you are here and tho we can't do much directly at least can provide a bit of support. Hang in there.

IIRC with weight bearing fractures, even tho you are plated - it's about an 8 week deal before plaster comes off - tho hope it might be sooner.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hate to hear that Art, I know the frustration over finances is almost as bad as the physical pain - I've been fighting for disability benefits for longer than I care to think about.

As far as the pain meds, if they're not working call your doc and let him know. Hopefully he'll be willing to give you something that's more effective. I've taken everything from massive doses of ibuprofen (5000mg per day) to OxyContin and Duragesic patches for chronic back pain, somewhere in the middle there should be something that helps your pain level.

Hang in there and heal up so you can get that Para back to the range!
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Get well soon, and God Bless!!
    Curry

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Get well soon and you are in my prayers.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Administrator

Thumbs up Get Yourself Better artz

Everything will work out OK & we'll be sure to "cut you a break" the next time you act up.

Really sorry to hear about your leg. Get well and back into the world as soon as you can, and keep us posted. Its great to have you on the forum more, though!

VIP Member
    Prayin' for your recovery Arthur, God bless bro!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Take care and get well soon! My wife had a similar fracture in the early eighties. The good news is, as far as I can tell, she healed stronger than ever.

God bless!

Art - my thoughts & prayers are with you...hang in there during this difficult time!

Take advantage of this 'family' by continuing to post and hang around - hopefully it'll help ya!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

wow ! I wasn't prepared for this type of response, but its appreciated !
    I thank each and everyone for your support, it does mean alot.
    I get to go back to the doc tomorrow and get xrayed and see how I'm coming along. I gotta get this cast cut off, its hurtin' like the dickens. A few imperfections that I must get fixed. and hopefully better pain meds.... I'll give a report later.
    Again...thank you all.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links