Recent Changes

Recent Changes

This is a discussion on Recent Changes within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; To further focus the forum on CCW and related issues, remove unpopular subforums and, hopefully, simplify and make the site easier to navigate, I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Changes

DC Founder

Recent Changes

To further focus the forum on CCW and related issues, remove unpopular subforums and, hopefully, simplify and make the site easier to navigate, I have implemented a number changes to the forums. Please let me know what you think whether positive or negative.

This weekend, I will be working to make the default of the forums to be a light background and dark text. Many of you have expressed to me that the dark website hurts the eyes. The dark theme will still be available but the liht one will be the default. This will make it necessary to redesign the header graphic to \"fit\" the lighter scheme as well.

I am excited about the recent increase in our membership and the comments and suggestions you have all made. I think this forum will evolve into a site that we can all be proud of.

Keep the comments coming, I will consider any and all serious recommedations.

Regards,
    Bumper

I love the site. I don\'t know what the old theme looked like but i certainly love this new theme. The all around white background makes the site look cleaner and it is easy on the eys.

DC Founder
    Thanks, Pylon. I\'m still working on it so dpn\'t be surprised if it changes a bit more. The header graphic is next on my list.

BTW, nice colors in your photo gallery. Obviously the result of an artistic ability, which I don\'t have.... :(

Ridgerunner
    I like the new look and feel of the site. That heeader graphic is kickass. :kay:

Me too..This one is my favorite..:troll:

DC Founder
    Originally posted by Seventhsword
    Me too..This one is my favorite..:troll:
    Does this mean I am going to have to find another troll for you to hold that sign up for? I sure hope not.

This site is great! It has given me pause for thought on various issues. Non-lethal force is very much back in my mind, even though I do carry. Some good tips in here and I would leave the different forums like they are. Good diversity.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by Bobcat1
    This site is great! It has given me pause for thought on various issues. Non-lethal force is very much back in my mind, even though I do carry. Some good tips in here and I would leave the different forums like they are. Good diversity.
    Thanks, Bobcat for the comments. Welcome to the forum! :)

Bumper, Is there a way to change the color of a hyperlink to a more vibrant color as some of them are hard to see in the current config. Other than that this place is :kay::kay::rock:

X\'s in Headers

Bumper I\'m getting red X\'s where the topics at the top are Is this because you are working on the site?

Administrator

No Trolls Here

Does anybody know of a nasty troll that we could hire as a \"temp\" so that we could all blast him with some of these?
    :troll:
    and a few of these........ :realmad:

I guess we\'ll get one soon enough.
    We\'ll just hafta wait.........:(

DC Founder
    Originally posted by APachon
    Bumper, Is there a way to change the color of a hyperlink to a more vibrant color as some of them are hard to see in the current config.
    The color of the links are embedded deep in the code somewhere. After I get us to the final software, I will see if I can figure out how to change it. :kay:

DC Founder
    Originally posted by PAGLOCK23
    Bumper I\'m getting red X\'s where the topics at the top are Is this because you are working on the site?
    No, it shouldn\'t be because of the work I am doing if you are still getting them. There was a time last night when I took the site down for a bit that some weird stuff like that could have happened probably but not right now. Nobody else has reported it. If anyone else has this problem, let me know and I will look into it a little deeper.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by QKShooter
    Does anybody know of a nasty troll that we could hire as a \"temp\" so that we could all blast him with some of these?
    :troll:
    and a few of these........ :realmad:

I guess we\'ll get one soon enough.
    We\'ll just hafta wait.........:(
    I hope you have to wait a very long time, but I expect we will get another one before long

Bumper, is U2U down. I can\'t get in to read my U2U messages.

~A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links