Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Forum Header Graphic

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Captain Crunch 
#1 ·
What do you think of this as a new header graphic? I never professed to being a graphic artist soooo...

#8 ·
Best and final header graphic

I\'m sure you have all noticed the new header graphic for the

forum. Since changing to the light color scheme last week, the old header graphic was just to dark. I have been struggling trying to build a new one, but lack of artistic ability on my part made it impossible to satisfy myself. I had a vision of the message I was wanting the graphic to project and that was about it.

When I was about to settle on a graphic I built, one of our more active members, Betty, stepped forward and volunteered to build us one, using her own images. The header graphic you see above is the result. It is simple and clean, uncluttered and overall a very professional job.

Thanks again, Betty :)

#12 ·
Originally posted by Betty
I don\'t see it? I just see the original and your grey one.
Flush the cache in your browser and reload. To keep from changing code within the forum software I just renamed the new graphic and replaced the graphic. It\'s there, it\'s cool ;)

Originally posted by Captain Crunch
Where\'s the 1911?
Just kidding. I like it.
Ever heard the old saying, \"You dance with the one that brung ya\"? Betty brung me to this one :p

Besides, 1911\'s are my favorite carry gun and thats what I have the most of but I\'m not a snob with my guns. I like \'em all :)

#17 ·
OK. I must have had a \"senior moment\",
most likely brain dis-engagement.

#19 ·
Fortunately, not while I\'m carrying a gun.

Well, not quite, maybe, sort of. About a month ago, I left the house to pick up my wife from work. I put on my holster, (IWB), spare mag, grabbed wallet, keys, hat & coat & went on my merry way.

Sitting in the car waiting, something didn\'t feel right, felt my right side, guess what?
NO GUN!.

Got back home, there it was, right there in the nightstand.

#20 ·
Well, I guess since you told on yourself....

I sometimes pop the magazine out and practice point shooting while watching TV or otherwise passing time. One morning I shoved my IWB down in my pants, holstered and took off for work. When I arrived at work and went to stash it (I can\'t carry at work) I noticed I had left the magazine out of it. Sure glad I didn\'t run into a situation on my way to work....:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.