Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Status of the Forum

2K views 29 replies 27 participants last post by  64zebra 
#1 ·
Due to the continued problems we have been having with the site after being hacked, I am going to have to take the site down until I can make sure that all problems have been resolved and that they (the hackers) are unable to take the forum down completely. It could be down for more than a day or two, unfortunately.

We will be back up again as soon as this can be resolved. Thanks for your patience and enjoy the holiday weekend....

#2 ·
We are now back open for business thanks to a technical support guy at the host which successfully scanned the whole site removing all of the redirects and locating all of the problems and potential problems.

I also, while we were down, made a number of changes that should make it a little more difficult for this to happen again, but we cannot be 100% secure, particularly on a shared server. I considered moving us to a dedicated server but was over-ruled by Mrs. Bumper because of costs. I am going to look into building a mirror if that is doable with the forum script.....

Again, none of your indivdual computers have not been vulnerable to any of this, only the server we reside on. You probably did pick up some cookies that you want to delete. You should also fluch your cache once more to be sure.

Thanks for your patience and for all of the emails over the last day. Even though I didn't get a chance to answer them all, they were appreciated and helped keep me going in the small hours of the morning.... :yup:

#4 ·
You know. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed this place untill it was down! Thank you Bumper for all your efforts!!! You are very appreciated.

#7 ·
Bumper.... I feel your pain. (I administer three sites...admittedly not nearly as busy as this one!)

Good show, old man!

Let us know if we can help... I'm sure I could skip a box or two of range ammo for a good cause.

Michael

#8 ·
Thanks for everything, Bumper!

I sure do miss this place when it's not up! :yup:

#12 ·
Thank you, Mr. Bumper, and thank all who helped too! I/We appreciate the effort you and the moderators put in here, to make it a great forum. Thanks to all!

#17 ·
All of the hard work is much appreciated.

Server upgrade fund, eh? Hm. Where's the "hat"? Open one up and I'm sure we can get a few nickels dropped in there ...

- Michael

#20 ·
Agreed! We've tried before....but there's always a "First"

Or a Mrs. Bumper "Fancy Dinner" fund...since she puts up with this!

#18 ·
Bumper, thanks for getting it back up. I sure did miss this place. I checked 3-4 times a day.
Thanks for all your work to get this little place we enjoy so much, back up and going again. It means alot to many of us

#19 ·
Thanks Bumper! I helped Rhome move yesterday and today, and we were both trying to figure out what to do without the site! Thank you, and your wife, for the hard work.

#21 ·
I was gone for the weekend and didn't know the site had to be shut down.

Hey Bumper, As I've said before, anytime you need financial help for upgrades just let us know where to send the checks. I'm sure Mrs. Bumper would be happier and it will leave more spare change in your pocket for something new.

#22 ·
Bumper, add my thanks to all the others.

You are the man!:king:

#23 · (Edited)
AAHHH....there we go. Feeling the tention melting away.....feeling the site work it's magic again. I feel almost normal again.....now that I have my "fix" of CombatCarry.com

Wow, you really don't understand how much you like something until it is gone for a while. Every time I got on the internet I would check the site (obviously since it is my home page) and every time I saw that the site wasn't back up, I felt a little befuddled. Like I didn't know what to do next.
But, I did get a lot of things that my wife has been after me to do around the house since I didn't have the site to look at.

Thanks for all the hard work Bumper. I really appreciate it and I know a lot of others here do as well. You do a great job and we really appreciate it.

When I saw that message instead of the site the first time I felt like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.