Question

This is a discussion on Question within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; This site is great! It has become my new favorite. I have a question: is there a way to set the site up so that ...

Thread: Question

Question

This site is great! It has become my new favorite.

I have a question: is there a way to set the site up so that when we visit, we can click on a thread and go to the first new post since our last visit? There is at least one forum out there that has that feature and I find it very handy.

Thanks for a great forum.

SSKC

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    I am hoping the new version which I will be upgrading to will have that feature. It would certainly be valuable to me as I try to keep up with the forums. This one version, unfortunately, doesn\'t have that feature.

Had I known the forum would take off in popularity like it has I might have selected a different software; now we are sorta locked into this one. If I changed at this point we would lose all of the past posts. There are alot of new features in the new upgrade, though. :kay:

The quality of info presented and the courtesy/personality of the members is what makes a forum, IMHO. This forum looks great on both counts. You did a real nice job of priming the pump with the informative initial posts, and I\'m not surprised that combatcarry.com has grown so quickly.

Keep up the great work. If the \"new posts\" feature materializes, great. If not, well, I\'ll still be hanging around...:kay:

SSKC

DC Founder
    Originally posted by SSKC
    The quality of info presented and the courtesy/personality of the members is what makes a forum, IMHO. This forum looks great on both counts. You did a real nice job of priming the pump with the informative initial posts, and I\'m not surprised that combatcarry.com has grown so quickly.

Keep up the great work. If the \"new posts\" feature materializes, great. If not, well, I\'ll still be hanging around...:kay:

SSKC
    Thanks, SSKC, this site has been sort of a surprise to me. I thought there would be a demand for the subject matter, but I was not expecting the growth of the site we have experienced over the past few weeks. As I have said before, it\'s the members that will make this place successful, I just pay the bills.

We\'re in for some bumps with the upcoming move, but hopefully will survive. I think in the long run, people will like the site even more :)

Links