Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Changes you should all know about

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Bumper 
#1 ·
The hosting company that I have this forum hosted on is having some problems that are, in turn, going to cause us some serious problems. I am going to be working to get it moved as quickly as possible.

At the same time, I will be moving us to a different forum software, either phpBB or vBulletin, both much more powerful scripts for running a class forum. I am leaning strongly towards vBulletin at this point.

All in all that news isn\'t too bad. What will be bad is that I will possibly have to take the forum down for awhile (up to a week, hopefully less) as I move the domain to a different company, install and configure the software and get all of the current posts and member accounts moved over. In vBulletin, everything should be able to be converted instead of requiring us to start over. Worst case, we start from square one :(

Anyway, all I can do is hope for the best. I appreciate your patience as we try to \"get \'er done\". :bowdown:

#5 ·
If the forum looks a little different....

it's because I upgraded the software, XMB, to the new version as an interim step to moving to vBulletin software. The upgrade went very well so hopefully we can prevent the loss of the forum for any length of time. It will probably be down for short periods of time while I complete all the steps necessary to get us squared away. Thanks for your patience. :kay:

#9 ·
Originally posted by GoodSamaritan
Well, I may be the newbie, but I want to let you know that in the short time I have been here, I have really enjoyed it.
I wish you the best in converting it over, and hope to see the site back up soon.
Thanks, GoodSamaritan, I like to hear from those that like it here. That\'s what keeps me going early in the mornings when my wife gets up telling me \"you\'re up early\" and I tell her \"nope, I\'m up late\" ;)

#11 ·
Originally posted by rstickle
Are you going to give us a date or a coiple days warning so we don\'t panic, and can plan our temporary withdrawal? :O

Rick
I wish I could but I probably won\'t be able to. Downtime is a good time to go do stuff like.... well, other stuff ;)

#18 ·
Thanks, everyone, it seems to be moving fairly smooth so far. Still a lot of work to be done but if I can get this done without losing any posts, pictures or members I will be satisfied :)

#20 ·
Bumper, I really like the quick reply at the bottom of the page, nice feature. With the new program, I hope the latest reply\'s are posted at the top of the forum page rather than at the bottom. And that\'s my .02 cents :lol: Once again, great work. Your time and dedication to this site is well appreciated.

#21 ·
Originally posted by Trader
With the new program, I hope the latest reply\'s are posted at the top of the forum page rather than at the bottom.
I don\'t think you can do this in XMB, but in the software we will be going to I believe you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.