Changes you should all know about

This is a discussion on Changes you should all know about within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; The hosting company that I have this forum hosted on is having some problems that are, in turn, going to cause us some serious problems. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes you should all know about

DC Founder

Changes you should all know about

The hosting company that I have this forum hosted on is having some problems that are, in turn, going to cause us some serious problems. I am going to be working to get it moved as quickly as possible.

At the same time, I will be moving us to a different forum software, either phpBB or vBulletin, both much more powerful scripts for running a class forum. I am leaning strongly towards vBulletin at this point.

All in all that news isn\'t too bad. What will be bad is that I will possibly have to take the forum down for awhile (up to a week, hopefully less) as I move the domain to a different company, install and configure the software and get all of the current posts and member accounts moved over. In vBulletin, everything should be able to be converted instead of requiring us to start over. Worst case, we start from square one :(

Anyway, all I can do is hope for the best. I appreciate your patience as we try to \"get \'er done\".

2. Remove Ads

Thank you Bumper for your hard work and dedication to insure we have a great forum; and we do!

No its becoming one of my Fav forums and your gonna take it down maybe for a week im gonna go nuts or go look for a sw 500 4\"

Quest

I wish you the best in your quest for a fine site. I enjoy your hospitality. thanks, George

DC Founder

If the forum looks a little different....

it's because I upgraded the software, XMB, to the new version as an interim step to moving to vBulletin software. The upgrade went very well so hopefully we can prevent the loss of the forum for any length of time. It will probably be down for short periods of time while I complete all the steps necessary to get us squared away. Thanks for your patience. :kay:

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Well, I may be the newbie, but I want to let you know that in the short time I have been here, I have really enjoyed it.
    I wish you the best in converting it over, and hope to see the site back up soon.

Bryan

VIP Member
    So far so good.:D

Good luck with the major work ahead.

DC Founder
    Thanks, Scott :kay:

DC Founder
    Originally posted by GoodSamaritan
    Well, I may be the newbie, but I want to let you know that in the short time I have been here, I have really enjoyed it.
    I wish you the best in converting it over, and hope to see the site back up soon.
    Thanks, GoodSamaritan, I like to hear from those that like it here. That\'s what keeps me going early in the mornings when my wife gets up telling me \"you\'re up early\" and I tell her \"nope, I\'m up late\" ;)

Lead Moderator

Taking down

Are you going to give us a date or a coiple days warning so we don\'t panic, and can plan our temporary withdrawal? :O

Rick

DC Founder
    Originally posted by rstickle
    Are you going to give us a date or a coiple days warning so we don\'t panic, and can plan our temporary withdrawal? :O

Rick
    I wish I could but I probably won\'t be able to. Downtime is a good time to go do stuff like.... well, other stuff ;)

I like this color scheme.

Look pretty good to me.:kay:

Good luck with the change. We appreicate the the time and work you have done to develope this site. :rock::kay:

Bumper, You have done a great job in developing and maintaining this site. I hope the changes go well and smooth as possible. I have enjoyed my short time as a member. Thank for your time and efforts. :rock:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links