I gotta tell you

I gotta tell you

This is a discussion on I gotta tell you within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Boy, this forum just took off with ccw topics. Those who contributed real life events for us to solve helped greatly to get our thinking ...

Thread: I gotta tell you

I gotta tell you

Boy, this forum just took off with ccw topics. Those who contributed real life events for us to solve helped greatly to get our thinking caps on about training. But its the forum that is important. The context of the forum is friendly, people really know their stuff and its a comfortable place to visit. If we keep it going like this new and great things will happen on this forum. Thanks Bumper!

DC Founder
    Thanks, FortyFive, I have become members of (or lurked on) just about every firearms and shooting forum on the Internet. And there are some really good ones out there. I won\'t mention any names, but to say that many of you have come here from them. I would visit them often trying to dig through to the CCW related information which many sites gave a single subforum to, if that. Much of the information was so imbedded in other topics I found myself perpetually digging to get what I was after. That\'s not a bad thing, either; I learned a lot along the way. But I thought there was a demand for a CCW focused forum and decided to try it to see for myself. I didn\'t and still don\'t want to try to compete with othe forums that focus on specific firearms, RKBA issues, conservative politics or any of the many other related subjects. Many of the other forums I consider to be the best in their respective niche. I started out moving the forum toward what I wanted it to be since we didn\'t have many members, now I am trying to move it in the direction you are all interested in it going as long as it is CCW focused.

If you were one of the 8 or 9 people that found this forum early on, you know that I have thrown a lot of forum categories up against the wall to see what would stick. CCW issues were the intended focus all along but, like Burger King that now sells tacos, I have occasionally gotten off track or entered areas that I knew nothing about. Starting the week before Thanksgiving we had a large wave of new members. When that happened I could see what forums members liked and didn\'t like. Betty was kind enough to step up and offer me some advice that made me realize that I was starting to drift away from the intended focus, not to mention the graphic that is a lot more appealing than the old one. Many others have written and posted their ideas over the last few weeks which will result in even more changes.

As I have said a number of times, if this forum is successful, it won\'t be because I did a good job creating it, it\'s because our members are making it a success. I think every one here has a lot to learn, a lot to teach and have alot of experiences that can help others in carrying a concealed weapon and effectively survive a deadly or potentially deadly encounter. My opinion is that for it to be effective, it has to be friendly and comfortable. We will be here as long as we have members coming to contribute their questions, answers and experiences to the forum. :kay:

fortyfive - I love to hit today\'s topic to see what new scenarios have been posted. Did you have a gander at the one Bumper posted about the Park scenario???

~A

APachon-I sure did and don\'t agree with others so quickly about what the guy is doing to his (daughter?). Kids can be a screamen demean at times, it could very well be she is upset from sitting in the sand and having critters in her underwear. Discussions have brought me back in line to being very leary about appearances.
    Bumper-You have hit the nail on the head about keeping it ccw! In my opinion as soon as we drift off to other things like politics and folks start bashing each other it will slowly evolve to just another gun forum. You have provided us with a forum that experienced gunners come and trade information with others, its a tough balancing act you have and the best to you.

I consider myself a guest in this, Bumpers home. As a guest, I will do my best to be courteous to all of the other guests.

As it is Bumpers home, he has the right and obligation to remove the obnoxious, nasty, individuals who sometimes visit.

That is the reason I like it here.

DC Founder
    Well, thanks guys I am appreciative of the great members we have and the great members we are yet to have. The nasties will get the boot. Using KC135\'s analogy, you\'re all welcome in my home ;)

Sponsored Links