Great Forum, one small request

This is a discussion on Great Forum, one small request within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I really like the forums and have enjoyed reading what everyone has to say. My only request is that there be a "goto last unread ...

I really like the forums and have enjoyed reading what everyone has to say. My only request is that there be a "goto last unread post" button next to each thread. I'm not a technophile, so I don't know if that's possible here, but I've seen it on other forums. It makes catching up on long threads very easy.

if ya look just past the last posters name there is a green button that is last post in thread button or at least the last post button ... Bumper said there would be a change in forum software coming so it will probley have last unread post then

Administrator
    Originally posted by bunchok
    I really like the forums and have enjoyed reading what everyone has to say. My only request is that there be a \"goto last unread post\" button next to each thread. I\'m not a technophile, so I don\'t know if that\'s possible here, but I\'ve seen it on other forums. It makes catching up on long threads very easy.

One of the many reasons I decided to go ahead and buy the new vBulletin software was to address that problem. Not having that functionality is a headache to the membersship, it is a nightmare to me. I try to read every new post, every day, logging into to check messages and get caught up several times during the day and at night. I go nuts, sometimes and it is getting crazier every day.

Tc300mag1 is correct, you will have that ability in the new vBulletin software (used by 1911Forum, GlockTalk, TFL, THR & WarRifles and many others). It is, argueably, the best commercial forum software on the market, IMHO. Since the upgrade of XMB I have been more satisfied with this forum, but with our growth we need the power and security of a commercial product. Using the little green graphic is not ideal, but hopefully make it easier for you in the meantime. ;)

Bumper

Links