Question & Suggestion

Question & Suggestion

This is a discussion on Question & Suggestion within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; This message was originally posted by LenS. For some reason I could not get my response to post correctly so I deleted it and re-created ...

Thread: Question & Suggestion

DC Founder

Question & Suggestion

This message was originally posted by LenS. For some reason I could not get my response to post correctly so I deleted it and re-created it in a new thread....

LenS asked:

The forum SW that you are using is very different from that which I have used before (e.g. AR15.com, SprintUsers.com, MassGuns.com, etc.) so that unfamiliarity may be driving my question and suggestion.

Question:
    - How can I see \"new posts since last visit\" (and reset all \"touched\" forums to \"seen\" upon exit)? See MassGuns.com for how their SW does this (I\'m not thrilled with this method). Somehow AR!5.com and SprintUsers.com reset this automagically when you log off the forums (for those forums you have visited) . . . I like this method.

Suggestion:
    - Is it possible to change the title bar from \"Combat Carry CCW Forums - Powered by XMB 1.9.1 Nexus\" to either \"Combat Carry CCW Forums - \" or \"Combat Carry CCW Forums - \"? Or is that not possible with this SW?

DC Founder
    Check this thread http://www.combatcarry.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1023 for the answer to your question and more information regarding the new software. You might also want to use the \"Today\'s Posts\" link under the logo or the little green arrow on the \"Last Posts\" column. vBulletin (that we are moving to) is a widely used commercial forum software that is, argueably, considered to be the best forum software available. In a few weeks you will be able to make up your own mind about that. It was also the only one that I could find that would allow us to move all of the data from this software into the new without starting from square one.

In regards to your last question, the \"Powered by XMB 1.9.1 Nexus\" cannot be removed in XMB, but will also be eliminated in the new software. That\'s about all I can offer you at the moment.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Thanks. I will stay tuned!

I read your link and I\'ve used some of the vBulletin forums (although not extensively). I do think that some of these problems will go away after the migration.

Thanks for the great job you\'re doing here.

DC Founder
    You\'re welcome, LenS, I think you will enjoy the new software\'s features. :kay:

Links