Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member meets forum...

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Bumper 
#1 ·
Hey Bumpy,
how \'bout a place where members in the same area (or members visiting an area) can post a possible meet or get together? That way, maybe at least locally we can put some faces to names.
Any one in the Tampa, Brandon or Riverview Florida area?

Dan

#2 ·
Dan that is a cool idea, is anyone going to the SHOT show??? I make a mean lasagna with spinach and mushrooms that will curls yer toes and knock yer socks off.

~A

#4 ·
Not trying to be a killjoy...maybe just a place called schedule an event would do. People wanting to shoot or picnic or whatever could just make an entry as we do on any of the other sub-titles. I don\'t think the state layout thing is to good. But thats only me, I am not trying to hurt anyone.:p

#5 ·
I actually created that area after a couple of other people asked for it and, at the time, thought it would be a good idea. Your suggestion of one forum instead of one for each states would certainly make my job easier. Any other comments before I consolidate the current posts under one forum? If they are merged I will rename the individual posts to reflect the city or state being discussed.

#6 ·
Just throw away my posts for consolidation-you have my standing permission to can any of my posts for consildation if that helps. Take care bumper..we aim to give you grey hair yet.

#7 ·
I think both ways have serious merit.

On an ongoing basis, it\'s good to have a state-specific place to look who else may be from our own neighborhood . . . or in a neighborhood that we might visit.

On the other hand, a \"let\'s get together forum is good to coordinate activities, such as the Shot Show, CES, etc. (on AR15.com they have a number of regional events/year and create forums specific for them, we could do the same).

So, I vote for both and give it time to populate the state forums.

#8 ·
Originally posted by FortyFive
Just throw away my posts for consolidation-you have my standing permission to can any of my posts for consildation if that helps. Take care bumper..we aim to give you grey hair yet.
Umm, you\'re a bit late, Forty Five, I have been grey for a long danged time courtesy of our kids and an ex-wife :p

And, no, I really sort of like the idea of just one wide open forum where maybe people could just post with their state or hometown in the Subject. The fifty state thing looks sorta like a ghost town....

#9 ·
Originally posted by LenS
I think both ways have serious merit.

On an ongoing basis, it\'s good to have a state-specific place to look who else may be from our own neighborhood . . . or in a neighborhood that we might visit.

On the other hand, a \"let\'s get together forum is good to coordinate activities, such as the Shot Show, CES, etc. (on AR15.com they have a number of regional events/year and create forums specific for them, we could do the same).

So, I vote for both and give it time to populate the state forums.
My last post notwithstanding, I am going to just \"let it ride\" until we get ready to move. If it is still relatively empty at that time, I will consolidate. If it looks like people are using it we will keep it. I can add, consolidate and delete forums fairly easily.

#11 ·
Well, I think I am going to have to consolidate the forum. I have imported data twice so far from this site into the other and for some reason it keeps stopping the import after Mississippi. Rather than risk losing posts I will probably consolidate all of these posts under the one forum heading and change the subject lines in the first post of each state to include the state it applies to. Sorry for all of the confusion.

#12 ·
Originally posted by FortyFive
...maybe just a place called schedule an event would do. People wanting to shoot or picnic or whatever could just make an entry as we do on any of the other sub-titles. I don\'t think the state layout thing is to good. But thats only me, I am not trying to hurt anyone.:p
Actually, the new software has a calendaring function built in so you can post these types of functions on a calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.