Pushing the limit

This is a discussion on Pushing the limit within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; We are getting a number of members that seem determined to "push the limit" in their posts. Cussing (sometimes using creative ways to spell words, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pushing the limit

DC Founder

Pushing the limit

We are getting a number of members that seem determined to "push the limit" in their posts. Cussing (sometimes using creative ways to spell words, sometimes not), political posts not related to guns or concealed carry, cop bashing, dirty jokes (some funny ones, I'll admit), flaming and attacking other members, etc. is starting to wear me down, quite frankly. Not wear me down to the point of allowing it mind you, wearing me down to point of thinning our ranks.

We have rules. They are fairly simple and straightforward and, I have always thought, common sense. By becoming a member here, you agreed to abide by those rules. Yet we have a few people that seem to not be able to. The forum staff spends way to much time reminding people of something that they already know. The forum has grown tremendously and keeping up with the site is becoming more difficult for staff. Often, we simply cannot read every post on the forum on the day it's posted. When you purposely break the rules just for the sake of doing it, and we find it, you can expect little understanding from us in dealing with it.

If you reach a point that you feel you cannot continue to mind the rules, you can PM or email me, or one of the moderators, and ask that your membership be closed. We'll be happy to do that for you. I encourage you not to just see how far you can go before we decide enough is enough.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I joined this forum because I appreciated the way it was moderated and run, don't want to lose that down home atmosphere. Thanks for the reminder Bumper and your effort.

Assistant Administrator
    Often, we simply cannot read every post on the forum on the day it's posted.
    I'll pick up on this too - even on a day when I am in the forum quite a lot - it is just near to impossible these days to check everything. If a member considers something that might be too riské or doubtful - just don't post. Think twice, post once

Another option is to PM the mod's and ask if something will run, or not, before posting. Oh and re vid links - we tend to discourage vid's more and more, in particular if they touch on LE matters. Reason? Time and again threads go south with some cop bashing!

If a vid does have real merit regarding CCW matters then probably OK and could make for useful discussion - again if in doubt, run it by us first.

Finally - do please feel free to use the report post icon - it helps a lot if a member spots something like spam or bad posting content against our rules, and helps us act on it quicker.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I've always appreciated the work the leaders on this forum do, keeping it clean and respecting each others differences of opinion. Please keep this forum a decent place to learn and express different views and thank you for the outstanding work you do.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

One tread was getting alittle out of hand and I was glad to see you closed it. Good job guys
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I Really Appreciate This Place..

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I'll pick up on this too - even on a day when I am in the forum quite a lot - it is just near to impossible these days to check everything. If a member considers something that might be too riské or doubtful - just don't post. Think twice, post once

Another option is to PM the mod's and ask if something will run, or not, before posting. Oh and re vid links - we tend to discourage vid's more and more, in particular if they touch on LE matters. Reason? Time and again threads go south with some cop bashing!

If a vid does have real merit regarding CCW matters then probably OK and could make for useful discussion - again if in doubt, run it by us first.

Finally - do please feel free to use the report post icon - it helps a lot if a member spots something like spam or bad posting content against our rules, and helps us act on it quicker.
    I'm here in the morning before work, and after I get home. I like the way it is maintained...compared to things I've read in other forum...this place is refreshing...

By the way...what's a 'vid'?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Assistant Administrator
    what's a 'vid'?
    Sorry Ken - my lazy approximation and truncating!!

Vid' = video clip.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

As Right Palm Dents Forehead...

Sheesh...pretty simple...I probably should have guessed...

Thanks...P95...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

1943 - 2009
    I completely agree with Bumper on this. A while back, I posted a pic &, while it was gun related, it was admittedly "off color". It was promptly deleted by the mods, and rightly so.

I won't do that again...

Some members don't realize it, but this is the most civil and best moderated gun forum on the 'net.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Perhaps it is one of those "I can't post, go read the rules and reaffirm I read them times."

I just want to say that I appreciate the work you guys do to keep this forum positive. As another member put it on another thread, I always try to "wipe my feet" before I enter. I'll admit that my standards aren't as high as your standards(regarding language)but I don't like to see personal attacks, flames, etc... these are the things that I like about this forum and I'll do my best to behave myself! If I step out of line, I don't mean it, and a PM reminder will be more that enough to let me know where the boundaries are.
    Keep up the good work!

This is the only forum I found a desire to become a member of. Good work to all moderators, thanks for this down to earth, well maintained board.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

DC Founder
    Believe me, I am not a prude, nor easily offended. I can cuss amongst the best of them (although I try not to) and I wasn't even a sailor. We try to keep this place clean for several reasons, the most of which, to me, is that some of us are reaching an age where our kids are old enough to start carrying. We should be able to recommend the forum as a place for them to learn about carrying without being embarrassed. We also have a number of ministers, women and simply people that don't appreciate rough language. And, I expect most of you are like me; my mama taught me better....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Good Reminder to put out.Thanks

This is why Combat Carry has become my favorite forum.

I have seen other forums deteriorate to the point where I don't go there anymore.

We are the forward guard of the movement to protect the 2nd Amendment. We owe it to ourselves to be able to coherently express ourselves without flames and cussing.

I would like to think that a non-gun person who is curious about guns can visit here and get information in relative comfort.

Plus if my daughter ever gets around to giving me grandkids, I would like for them to be able to visit here too and learn a few things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links