Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old News

977 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Bumper 
#1 ·
Well, after the new hosting company refuses to give me adequate permission to get the new software setup correctly, I have hooked up with yet another. The new hosting company (the 3rd in two weeks) has given me all necessary access to the server with unlimited storage space and an absolutely HUGE amount of bandwidth. Once we get moved we will have enough capacity to accommodate the 4+ million people in this country that have (or want) a CCW permit. :eureka:

#2 ·
Originally posted by Bumper
Well, after the new hosting company refuses to give me adequate permission to get the new software setup correctly, I have hooked up with yet another. The new hosting company (the 3rd in two weeks) has given me all necessary access to the server with unlimited storage space and an absolutely HUGE amount of bandwidth. Once we get moved we will have enough capacity to accommodate the 4+ million people in this country that have (or want) a CCW permit. :eureka:
Good deal Bumper. Hopefully this hosting outfit will live up to expectations. Apollo Web Hosting right?

I don\'t think the DNS is fully updated yet, but that\'s ok, I remembered how to find the forum without it. ;)

#3 ·
Originally posted by Scott
Good deal Bumper. Hopefully this hosting outfit will live up to expectations. Apollo Web Hosting right?

I don\'t think the DNS is fully updated yet, but that\'s ok, I remembered how to find the forum without it. ;)
This forum is now on the Apollo Web Host, the new one will be on Host Excellence. Apollo aliased .com to .net and didn\'t seem to be able to resolve the problem since each site has to share an IP address. They also don\'t allow their customers the ability to correct it so I moved .com over to Host Excellence where each site has it\'s own IP and I have complete control over the DNS setup. They a little more expensive, but well worth it.

#4 ·
Control is good. So much for Apollo being more than just a space provider. Hmmm. I haven\'t tried that with one of my providers yet. Maybe I will just for fun. ;)

DNS is populating. I connected to .com and was prompted for a username and password. So if you see some incorrect login attempts that was me. I wasn\'t sure what had changed so tried my forum login just in case.

#5 ·
The login prompt has been straightened out and all of the redirects now funnel into the forum correctly if I don\'t mess anything up :p

I would highly recommend Host Excellence if you need a host, they are very competitive with their hosting rates and they are a real company with their own servers. The unlimited storage means I don\'t have to worry about the sizes of images once we get moved and with 200GB of bandwidth that is a non-issue, as well. I am very happy with the current plan, but not too thrilled with Apollo.

#6 ·
Should you have problems in the future or need a dedicated box, I can\'t recommend rackmounted.com enough - I\'m the staff programmer/data goon for a major musical instrument related site and they\'ve been very, very good to us. 500 gb a month transfer, etc.

They also have no problem with gun sites.

Just a FYI - after doing this for a few years, I know how much it sucks to have to keep flying through hosts.

#7 ·
Originally posted by rfurtkamp
Should you have problems in the future or need a dedicated box, I can\'t recommend rackmounted.com enough - I\'m the staff programmer/data goon for a major musical instrument related site and they\'ve been very, very good to us. 500 gb a month transfer, etc.

They also have no problem with gun sites.

Just a FYI - after doing this for a few years, I know how much it sucks to have to keep flying through hosts.
Thanks, I will keep that in mind, rfurtkamp, you never know when things will change. These latest guys are pretty cool, though about giving you access to everything you need. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.