Scenario threads inaccessable/moved by mods

This is a discussion on Scenario threads inaccessable/moved by mods within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Just wondering why mine, and now at least one other scenario thread has been moved and locked under the guise that the mods need to ...

Thread: Scenario threads inaccessable/moved by mods

Just wondering why mine, and now at least one other scenario thread has been moved and locked under the guise that the mods need to look at them to approve them? Whats the point in having a whole portion of the forum dedicated to scenarios if you can't post yours and have them seen?

VIP Member
    The primary reason would be because someone posted something controversial and/or illegal. As such, there is no "guise." Why you would think there is subterfuge going on regarding threads is beyond me....you simply need to PM/e-mail the moderator that moved your post/thread and ask why your post/thread got moved.

Further, since we on staff with e-mail members when when move and/or lock threads; if a moderator moves it and tells you they will get back to you....they will.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I tried emailing the mod that moved(which I care none about, was in wrong spot), about why we couldn't see it.

My query about the thread ran: "Is there any reason why it wouldn't be allowed to run?"

And all I received as a response from Bud White was: "depends how the other mods feels"

If someones going to block something that was posted for public view, they should at least have a valid reasoning, and that is all that I'm asking for.

Lead Moderator
    Bud and us other mods may not always have time to email you a long reply. we all work full time jobs ,too. Most posts on this site do not get edited, moved , deleted, pulled. If yours did it was because it was either borderline unacceptable or over the line.
    Sometimes mods need to huddle to decide what is allowed. this keeps us mods more impartial and fair to everyone.
    fee free to email any of us if you have concerns, questions ect.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    And all I received as a response from Bud White was: "depends how the other mods feels"
    This was because a mod thought something was out of line with the forum's rules and asked the rest of the mods for input and advice. This is the way we work sometimes and feel that if something may be boarder line it makes our "process" a lot more fair to the poster.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Sounds to me like you got an answer . In bud's opinion the post is marginal but for fairness sake he is having the other mods look at it and reach a deturmination. Let me assure you the mod team is fair , and if they decide to delete the post it will be for cause .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Administrator

Post Smooth23

"If someones going to block something that was posted for public view, they should at least have a valid reasoning, and that is all that I'm asking for."

Please check your private mail as there are valid reasons as to why your thread was moved.
    They are stated in that PM to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    I tried emailing the mod that moved(which I care none about, was in wrong spot), about why we couldn't see it.

My query about the thread ran: "Is there any reason why it wouldn't be allowed to run?"

If someones going to block something that was posted for public view, they should at least have a valid reasoning, and that is all that I'm asking for.
    Just as it said depends on how the other mods feel we do everything as a team effort when it is moved tot he back room it is reviewed that is the way it is done .

Doesn't matter if you like it or not

If the thread wasn't questionable it wouldn't have been pull and then would be left in that whole section of the forums

Sir,

CC has pretty high standards of conduct for it's members because we want a family friendly environment, and because we want to make it clear to everyone (especially anti-gun folks) that we are "the good guys". This forum represents (and exists to serve) responsible, moral and ethical folks who have chosen to legally and ethically exercise their God-given rights to self defense, as spelled out in Article II of the US Constitution.

For this reason, we have no tolerance whatsoever for rudeness, crudeness, the discussion of illegal activities or anything otherwise "shady", inapropriate or juvenile. We will not allow this board to host some of the "crap" (for the lack of a better term) seen in other forums. (I am not accusing you or anyone else of such conduct, but rather simply spelling out our overall policies and intent.)

Having said all of that, some boards are "over moderated" and give their participants the feeling of "walking on eggshells". We wish to avoid that as well. We want our members to feel free to exchange ideas and information. So, in order to avoid a stifiling environment, most moderator functions are discussed by a group before a decision is made. The reason for this is that we are human, too. If a mod is having a bad day, we want to make sure that a bad decision is avoided. In an effort to police ourselves, we take a team approach.

We want everyone to feel comfortable here, and go to great lengths to make that happen. Please don't take these efforts too personally. Have a nice day.

Assistant Administrator
    Can't do much better than endorse Gary's summary.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Didn't want to provoke an argument, all I wanted was the reasoning behind my post being locked, and that is what I got, thank you QKShooter.

I appologize Bud for sounding like I was out to get you or something.

Administrator

Thumbs up

All is cool then & that is great 'cause it's a brand new fresh year and we should all go into it on a good & happy note.

...so if it ever gets out of mod area can we get a link please? (ducks for cover)
    Last edited by rocky; January 3rd, 2007 at 12:23 AM. Reason: spelling

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by unrequited View Post
    ...so if it ever gets out of mod area can we get a link please? (ducks for cover)
    Sure. Only problem is, it's not getting out....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links