Database Errors

Database Errors

This is a discussion on Database Errors within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Am I alone in this? I have been getting a lot of Data Base Errors here lately. I will try to post to a thread ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Database Errors

Unhappy Database Errors

Am I alone in this? I have been getting a lot of Data Base Errors here lately.

I will try to post to a thread or send a PM and when I hit Send/Submit it takes forever for the post or PM to actually post or, after a minute or longer I get a white page with a Data Base Error message that tells me to contact the Data Bases admin.

Has anyone else noticed the site running slow during the last week or so?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Very slow this evening, i have given up a few times.

For what it's worth I'm XP/Firefox and on broadband.
    I know sometimes these vBulletin glitches don't hit everyone the same so I added that for clarification for the SysAdmin.

I assume the server is updating or running slow.

Assistant Administrator
    XP-Pro and IE at moment and yeah - some DB errors have been occurring. A bit earlier today and also just a few minutes ago.

I fancy the web is even a shade slow at times too - whether there are any Dos stunts on the go to coincide with new year I am not sure.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I am also operating XP and Firefox.

Glad to know it isn't just me....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Could be the web, Asia's just waking up and they've had a lot of outages for about two weeks after that network crash, so maybe everyone in China just all logged on at once.

Or maybe it's just that CC.com is getting popular and busy enough for an upgrade.

i have been slow and have had problems for several days. glad to see it not my system and others are having some problems. well you know what i mean.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Administrator

Thumbs up

No good database is worth its salt unless it has a few good database errors.

Yep, I've had problems also.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    No good database is worth its salt unless it has a few good database errors.
    Agreed, as was implied in my last post it is an indication of how good the site is if it is having bandwidth pressure.

yeah ive had a few today

Mine Is Still Super Slow...

but I did some adminstrative things to my computer first...

Then I tried opening up and using '15' other sites...all worked well and quickly...when I tried CC...right back to the 20-30 second waits for interactions...sometimes longer?...also had several database errors too...

You're not alone...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

the bigger we get the more this seems to happen bumper posted about these problems a while ago im sure he will call hosting company and it will be fixed for a time again untill tail end of month it seems like

I cant imagine the bandwidth we go though each month and i know it increases as we have a steady amount of people register everyday

Lead Moderator
    Had on last night as I tried to sign on. Waited about 20 minutes, then got on for a "good" session.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

DC Founder
    Every time one of you receive an error, I receive it by email. We've had just 337 today. Normally we have between maybe 5 to 12 per day. I'll call it in to the host again and see if they can track it down. Seems everytime I turn it in they fix it for about a week, then downhill again. I hate depending on someone else, they always seem to let ya down....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

DC Founder
    After calling the host and while while on hold on the phone, I started looking at all of the errors I received today. They seem to have started about 8:30 this morning (Eastern) and stopped at just after 1:00 this afternoon. The guy was gone checking things for quite a while and finally (25 minutes) said he had found out that there was another website, also hosted on our server that contained some "illicit material" and had that a script running on that site had caused some problems for the server and MySQL. The other website was removed and the owner notified that they would not serve as his host any longer. They believe that our problem should be pretty much resolved, but we might experience some residual effects until the servers are re-booted later tonight.

If anyone notices any ongoing issues, please let me know. I will also be running a maintenance on the database in a bit so expect some slowdowns for 30-60 minutes.

For a more long term solution, I am going to see what hosting plans they may have that will reduce the number of other sites residing on the same server. I certainly can't afford to get us on a dedicated server at this point, but may be able to get us in a neighborhood with less neighbors....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Assistant Administrator
    Seems like a possible explanation Randy - another site behaving as bandwidth/CPU time hog.

One of my main servers is with Jumpline.com and they offer a ''VDS'' service - ''virtual dedicated server'' - mind you my needs only require modest bandwidth and storage but I do have 6 sub domains as an option.

I guess our bandwidth might make a VDS too pricey even tho not truly dedicated. To go that route is for sure big bucks. Some while back I put a site I ran on such - and even then it was over $1k per year and support was crap! Gone now!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links