Give a little.

Give a little.

This is a discussion on Give a little. within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Mods, feel free to move or delete if inappropriate. I'm sure that many have seen Bumper's thread regarding donation to CombatCarry.com. He is, and always ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give a little.

Give a little.

Mods, feel free to move or delete if inappropriate.

I'm sure that many have seen Bumper's thread regarding donation to CombatCarry.com. He is, and always is, very modest and has gone out of his way to not make anyone feel pressured to give. I utterly respect him for that.

However, I have recently started watching the member list and estimate that within the next week or so, the membership will go over 10,000! Wow! I think that is incredible. I am not a computer guy, but I can't imagine what kind of time, energy, bandwidth, and whatever else, goes into making this site possible.

I am usually pretty cheap when it comes to things that I think are free, or should be. Not this time. While I didn't give a lot (by many people's standards), I did give, and will continue to give any time I have a little extra. It is, in my opinion, a worthy cause no matter how you stack it up. I, for one, completely trust Bumper's stewardship of the funds and could care less about things like writing it off of my taxes, etc.

To all, please do not take this as a guilt trip or accusation. I really mean to make it a rally cry. Let's all chip in a little to keep CombatCarry.com the best place on the Web.

Dave.

Senior Moderator
    Amen. Bandwidth costs money, folks.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    Amen. Bandwidth costs money, folks.

Matt
    Indeed it does. Let me know, I am in! Who is not willing to contribute at least the price of a WallyWorld White Box to this forum?
    I know I get as much fun and learning as I would burning those 100 rounds downrange.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I love this forum, it's a great source of information and friendly banter, count me in for a couple boxes worth when I get home later!
    "I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive.. a country boy can survive..." - Hank Williams, Jr.

Assistant Administrator
    Dave, thank you for your post - it is already becoming very clear to Bumper just what swell folks we have on board.

It must be stressed tho that despite the requirement for funds to enable a major upgrade in hosting, no one but no one should feel obligation. It has to be totally driven by free choice according to what can be managed, or not.

As I am sure Bumper mentioned somewhere - there are no differences in member's ''rank'' whether they contribute or not - that would not work, generating some two-tier status hierarchy. No - a member is a member is a member regardless, which is how it must be and I am sure can be understood.

I have said before and repeat - I am glad to be associated with one heck of a lot of fine folks here.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'd be more than happy to donate. :)

Great board. Great folks. I continue to learn tons from all of you.

Ron
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

where do we send it to, incidentally? mailing address? paypal?
    "I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive.. a country boy can survive..." - Hank Williams, Jr.

PayPal.

I found the link under the User CP as Paid Subscription, I think.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

I look at it this way. I pay good money for magazine subscriptions and the like of which I get my moneys worth but only once a month. I am able to log on and get quality reading material anytime I want that is custom tailored to what I want to read. Whatever the amount it is well worth it to me.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

It's easy to justify a donation if you consider the cost of any ccw book, then think about how much info and entertainment time you get from a book as compared to this site.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman View Post
    I look at it this way. I pay good money for magazine subscriptions and the like of which I get my moneys worth but only once a month. I am able to log on and get quality reading material anytime I want that is custom tailored to what I want to read. Whatever the amount it is well worth it to me.
    +1,000,000 on that. I sit around all day and read things. Be it a magazine, cereal boxs, I read lots. If I had to buy subscriptions for mags about all the topics in this site, Congress would have to step in and pay my bill. No, it is worth the small donation I sent in to get all this knowlege about one of my passions. I hope one day, when the grand twins come over to visit,(they are 6 mo old today), and ask me what I am reading, I can show them this site. If they have questions, I can show them how to do a search on it. This site is what keeps me going thru the day. And ya know what, I have made a lot of friends here. Couldn't pick one of you out of a crowd of two, but everyone here who replies and contributes to this site is part of a very large, friendly family. Thanx Bumper
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mech1369dlw View Post
    +1,000,000 on that. .......If I had to buy subscriptions for mags about all the topics in this site, Congress would have to step in and pay my bill.
    LOL......as would most of us.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Looking forward to the upgrade. I've said many times this is a great forum. Good to be a part.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaScout View Post
    PayPal.

I found the link under the User CP as Paid Subscription, I think.
    Thanks PapaScout. I'll get my contribution as soon as I get home tonight.

Bumper, whatever we post in this board to show our appreciation is just a pale picture of what we really feel for your efforts. It is our moral duty to help you and to keep Combat Carry up and running.

Thanks buddy.

PS: If you can do something about not letting old folks shoot in white kneehighs and sandals, we will appreciate it even more

PS2: Sorry Chris!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Assistant Administrator
    If you can do something about not letting old folks shoot in white kneehighs and sandals,
    I forgive you Miggy - I think
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links