Slow speed forum ... - Page 2

Slow speed forum ...

This is a discussion on Slow speed forum ... within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I very much appreciate your enthusiasm, David. I might even fly you out for the next garage sale my wife holds. But, Chris is correct ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow speed forum ...

DC Founder
    I very much appreciate your enthusiasm, David. I might even fly you out for the next garage sale my wife holds.

But, Chris is correct regarding donations. They are certainly not mandatory. If you visit the site, think it is worth a donation, we certainly appreciate it. But if you are new to the site or really would just rather not, we are certainly not going to think any different of you. And if you are having financial problems and can't afford it, absolutely don't, even if you are planning on it. Food on the table takes a priority over the forum....

I will, however, correct Chris on one point. We are nearing 10,000 members. Only about 3200 are considered "active", which is the number of unique visits here over a 30 day period. We have, for the last year, been running between between 800-1100 unique visits (different members) per day, with about 20-30 new members per day registering and average between 500-600 new posts per day. He is correct that some of these people come, spend some time on the site and we never see them again. If I dumped all members that have not been on the site in the last year, we would probably see our memberaship drop in half. I can't do that, of course, because some of these people come back when they have a question they want answered or just research something on the site. We are a lot of things to alot of people. Some of them I won't mention here....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Assistant Administrator
    I will, however, correct Chris on one point.
    Haha - proves one thing - my old brain is well past it's sell-by date LOL I must admit I had not scanned the traffic figures for ages and was making crazy (under-sized) assumptions! So true - in recent times we really do rock with our visitors numbers.

Treat my (outdated) figures however as still showing, how even with lesser input, we could still make the figures we need.

Bumper - as fed_wif_a_sig says - ''I'll go back to my cage now!''
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Haha - proves one thing - my old brain is well past it's sell-by date LOL I must admit I had not scanned the traffic figures for ages and was making crazy (under-sized) assumptions! So true - in recent times we really do rock with our visitors numbers.

Treat my (outdated) figures however as still showing, how even with lesser input, we could still make the figures we need.

Bumper - as fed_wif_a_sig says - ''I'll go back to my cage now!''
    LOL, no worries, Chris, I think mine is well past the sell-by date as well. I was actually sort of surprised myself when your post caused me to look at the statistics. I never pay much attention to such things until I have been prompted to....
    Bumper

VIP Member
    I just hope you administrators and, especially, Bumper are keeping your wallets shut. Your time and trouble is more than enough of a donation to this website than any of us could make financially. I would just hope the rest of us can pull our share of the load financially.

Semper Fi,
    Mitch
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post

It breaks down like this:.....
    Great explanation of a very technical subject. Thanks! Also for the effort you put in.

I agree with others - let's make it happen!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    I just hope you administrators and, especially, Bumper are keeping your wallets shut. Your time and trouble is more than enough of a donation to this website than any of us could make financially. I would just hope the rest of us can pull our share of the load financially.

Semper Fi,
    Mitch
    Yeah, what he said. I was just messing around on my last post, I understand about visiting and passing thru and always there members. Hey, a lot of things that come out of my mouth is to make someone smile, and to let me feel my hear vibrate a little. If what I did shook a couple bucks loose, great. Please, what he said, if ya can't afford to do this, then don't. Also, what he said, you mods and admin types need to staple your billfolds shut. You people have already done much. We will get what is needed. I'm done now, gonna go back under my rock. Really, gotta go and sit with the grandtwins tonight, so their mom and dad can get a good nite sleep once in a while.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Donation in route. COME ON FOLKS, LETS KICK IN TO HELP A FABULOUS FORUM!!!! ONE WHERE WE FEEL LIKE FRIENDS NOT JUST AN ANONYMOUS GROUP OF GAWKERS.
    Last edited by tegemu; January 25th, 2007 at 11:49 AM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    The past week has been frustrating when I've tried to access the forum. I was starting to get pissed, when I stopped and thought about it- this is a great site, which has provided me with entertainment, a place to learn, and also a way to give something back by sharing my admittedly limited knowledge with others. I also realized that I was being provided with all of this free, by people who care and are willing to put up and manage this forum. I also realized that I pay for other sites that offer me the same type of service on other topics. This shouldn't be any different. It shouldn't be up to Bumper to finance this for me. So, first, I want to say thanks, Bumper. I really appreciate what you've done. Also, I'll be sending my donation. It's worth it to me to help support this forum.
    Last edited by Squawker; January 25th, 2007 at 04:06 PM.

Yep, earlier today it was taking a full minute to open a page. But isn't it cool that we as a group can fix it? :) Let's get this site moved to a dedicated server. $$$
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Donation Made, not much but I have guns to buy too!!!! Thanks for keeping this great forum running!!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    I will, as always continue to pay pretty much what I always have for the site and, although I agree with you, Mitch, I was summarily told to take a hike on disallowing our staff from donating. Some, ahem, even threatened to leave if they weren't allowed to donate. While I am not used to being "put in my place" like that, it makes me appreciate our staff even more. I also appreciate the support you have all shown towards the site in donations, and in simply being good members. I am humbled by the experience.

BigJon, ecbaatz, Retsupt99, I received your mail in donations. Those that have PM'd me, I have PM'd you back the address. Those of you that have told me you are waiting on payday, or finances to get better, etc., please, keep your money. I cannot stress this enough; if you can't really afford a donation, please keep the money for your families.

Thanks, again, to all of you....
    Bumper

OK, I'm convinced. But I've missed something. Tell me how to make a donation.
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."
    - Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival"

Never mind.....

Sorry, I found it.
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."
    - Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival"

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartjwnls View Post
    Never mind.....Sorry, I found it.
    No problem, it's not the most obvious place to have put it, but best I could do on short notice
    Bumper

VIP Member
    Well Bumper, I just hope you and your administrators take your time into consideration. I encourage dissention with my staff. If everyone agrees on everything only one person is doing the thinking.

I just wish I hadn't been so enthusiastic in encouraging the dissention sometimes.

Keep us posted on how things go and if folks need more encouragement!
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links